[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
amazing video tutorial, i highly recommend it. you guys will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
amazing video tutorial, i highly recommend it. you guys will leern tonz!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va6sKVH31l0
>>
This is complete and total shit anon.
>>
>>2341330
ok andrew :)
>>
>>2341336
no it's good. it's 4 Imagine FX mag cover.
>>
>>2341330
Jesus fuck.
>>
>>2341350
Don't hate. Show your work if it's better than this.
>>
>>2341330
hahaha I really don't care what process people use, but that looks incredibly bad
>>
>>2341330
I like some of his other work. They are way better
I guess imaginefx doesnt pay that good
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 640x561) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 640x561
You know, I don't hate tracing when it's for minor things in your drawing that you are having trouble with. Say it's a knife on a belt, or a wallet in a characters hand. Even then it should be done as a study. This guy doesn't even work out the poses, perspective, any of the basic things. He just takes everything from photo reference, traces it, then makes up some sort of collage. It's sad that talentless hacks like this get work.
>>
>>2341425
I thought the video and the cover were a joke but I realized imagine FX unironically posted this video about ~15 min in. By that time I was laughing really hard at everything he said. I believe this video is ironic, and he is just trolling. Like look at the piece, the photobash, the blue and orange contrast, it's like a meme.
>>
>>2341438
Pisses me off. Read the first comment in the video. The photobashing hack gets called out.
>>
>>2341330
I hate that overuse of textures and layer effects so much, but it's what people love.
>>
>>2341465
Kek at Stephen king and ricky martinez comments
>>
this video shows how he made an illustration for an unreleased movie without major references...
It's not supposed to be a boast about his painting skills. One look at his art station page and it looks like he has his shit together, you plebs. https://www.artstation.com/artist/theonides
>>
But OP, it's garbage
>>
>>2341472
It's not nearly as impressive as it would have been if I didn't know his art process. Now I'm just wondering which part of his pictures are traced.
>>
>>2341471
What's funny is looking at the imaginefx comments. Also, there are already the "let's see you do better" comments, which is funny, considering somebody who can draw and paint something from imagination with the foundational skills is already better than the work that is shown off in the video.
>>
>>2341497
I can agree with that. It would be nice to have some form of disclosure, if a painting/drawing is traced.

For example, if Ian Mccaig was a tracing master, I would ask myself why even bother with croquis. Just img search and trace.
If it is easy then it is not impressive. Most of the time tho there is no magic behind the curtains, just hard work and problem solving.

But imo it is still a valid way of working. Unless it is traced from a google img search,
and the artist takes all the credit without any disclosure.

What defines the value of an illustration/painting/drawing etc. Is it based on how difficult it is, or what the subject matter is?
>>
is it really that much less trouble to find models, costume them, do a photoshoot and trace the images than to just draw the figures from imagination? it seems very time consuming to me and the result isn't very impressive.
>>
That first comment needs more thumbs up. Fucking hack.
>>
>>2341330
>imagineFX
pffft
>>
Imagine FX's "How to be a hack" special edition.
Watching this is the equivalent of someone pouring acid into my eyes, then shitting into my empty eye sockets.
This should be banned from most if not all countries aroubd the world to avoid people from getting AIDS, in their eyes.
>>
>>2341330
Is it the lame composition or the horrible colors?
The stiff poses?
The lack of perspective?
Why is this image giving me eye cancer??
>>
File: 3klikes.png (308 KB, 493x551) Image search: [Google]
3klikes.png
308 KB, 493x551
It's a tutorial on how to get facebook famous.
>>
>>2341539
this video gives me hope.
i mean, if this guy's getting work.
>>
>>2341330
Sorry for the long post, but.... Could anyone point me in the right direction as to which is the best/easiest to use photoshop out there. I am pretty much a beginner but i would like to start attempting to design some things. Secondly does anyone know a popular or the best 'comic/manga style drawing software' ? Thank you for your help in advance :)
>>
>>2341330
Force awakens is so fucking lame.
>>
>>2342480
>Could anyone point me in the right direction as to which is the best/easiest to use photoshop out there

Any.
Photoshop hasnt changed in years from the perspective of a person using it for painting. I think the only important difference in the last 6 years or so I can recall is the addition of Liquify and moving the brush thingy to the menu you open with right click. And that be it.

>Secondly does anyone know a popular or the best 'comic/manga style drawing software'

Manga Studio
>>
i'm not so mad that he photobash/traced, just that this was all he could accomplish in doing so. looking through the dude's work, and most of it is really good so he obviously understands composition & values.
with that knowledge, how do you end up making something like pic related?
>>
>>2342514
thank you lol i have this question across like 8 threads for 30 mins and your the only one to respond !
>>
>>2342476
that first comment. lel
guy got burned at the end of that comment thread.
>>
It hurts my head to think that this guy is getting jobs.
>>
File: Screen Shot 2016-01-08.jpg (772 KB, 803x1181) Image search: [Google]
Screen Shot 2016-01-08.jpg
772 KB, 803x1181
>>2342612
burn.
>>
>>2342643
who's getting burned here? It just feels like Ricky has no idea what he's talking about and is more concerned with ~art~ instead of the facts of the industry. Any other profession would be glad to have a cheap and effective shortcut that works well.
>>
>>2342649
The difference is that this is for a magazine cover, not concept art. So, it's not like photobashing was necessary to crank out large amounts of realistic looking content in a short timeframe.

Although, I'd say the piece would have turned out bad with or without photobashing. Probably was being paid shit, relatively.
>>
>>2342649
you''ve obviously never had a job and you're more than likely still living at home with mommy anon. if you were to do a half ass shit job at any respectable job you'd get your ass fired in a heartbeat. art should not only be held to those standards but to even higher ones. also, there's a thing called dignity and respect for one's craft.
>>
>>2342666
exactly. photobashing should never merge with illustration. that's when this so called technique, turns into laziness but more so inability.
>>
>>2342488
so brave
>>
>>2342643
More people need to stand up to these hacks.
>>
ImagineFX covers are usually not terribly great art. Usually pretty kitschy. Usually a super saturated sexy babe. Sells more magazines I guess.
>>
>>2342998
poor taste and poor execution are two different things though
>>
>>2343014
in this case it's both.
>>
Honestly, you are all bitter.

The process he used seems unnecessarily convoluted. It's actually so convoluted and seemingly time consuming that I wonder why he uses it when it seems from his oil paintings that he's capable of creating something without all these steps.

But he's clearly not talentless. To say that is ridiculous. Photobashing or not, the average person cannot create this star wars piece. You all are too obsessed with the process when all that really matters is the end result. End of story.

Stop being dicks because he can get work and your shitty but "honest art" doesn't.
>>
I dont care about the process. What I care about is the result, and even though he took every possible shortcut available to make it easier for himself it still looks like absolute shit.

It's actually kinda embarassing to see this on the cover of imaginefx, even more than animu grills. Some traditional old timers might one day pick up this issue, look at the cover and think "oh, so this is how this whole digital art new thing looks like, ew".
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 409x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 409x393
>>2344154
This guy is obviously a photobasher.
Go back to level up anon.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.