[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
iPad Pro? Worth it for sketching on the go?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: ipadpro.png (443 KB, 999x654) Image search: [Google]
ipadpro.png
443 KB, 999x654
I really want one of these so I can sketch anywhere and draw on the go without carrying a crazy big sketchbook. Is it worth it? How good can you draw with it? I've been researching th whole of this week and I'm about to get one so far everyone says it's amazing for a drawing tool.
>>
why not a sketchbook

if you're questioning spending 800 pounds on something to maybe use on the go I think you already got your answer
>>
I post a similar response in all these iPad threads

It depends a lot on your workflow and how much time you spend in the iOS ecosystem. If you are a heavy iPad user, then the drawing / sketching capabilities are a great addition to your usual iPad activities.

Personally, I had a strong aversion to going digital, but the iPad makes it much more convenient to start a digital drawing. Also, I'm no pro, so apps like procreate give me more than enough functionality. I use about 50% of the procreate features and about 6% of PS.

I already spend 8 hrs a day at the computer, so when I go home the last thing I want to do is to spend 3-4 more hours with intuous at the computer. I can draw during my 4-5 hrs of commuting (but I usually sleep instead) or I can draw on the couch while watching movies.

But I still prefer traditional over digital
>>
>>2340548
Get this shit

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.325711500?icid=en_US_SurfaceP4_cat_modF_010316

>Cheaper
>Windows
>Photoshop
>File manager
>USB port
>SAI
>Fuck Cin-teech
>Fuck Wacom in general
>Office
>Cheaper
>>
>>2340902
I'm using a Surface Pro 4 now. It's great with Manga Studio, but there are two things about the stylus that you will have to tolerate/adapt to before you have a good time;

- Jitter: I can imagine this being a bigger problem for people who do a lot of line work. You'll have to avoid doing slow strokes to ensure your lines are smooth.

- Activation force: The Surface Pen won't just draw something the moment it touches the screen like a Cintiq. You'll have to press slightly harder before that first mark registers on the screen.

Beyond that, I'm pretty happy with it. I won't deny though, the Apple Pencil is great and doesn't suffer from those Surface Pen quirks.
>>
>>2340548
>128gb
why? you can get the 32gb on amazon for £600 btw you could also probably import for less.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.