[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jobs to git gud
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: jobs.png (65 KB, 482x326) Image search: [Google]
jobs.png
65 KB, 482x326
Probably going to get another call center job tomorrow and the lady mentioned i could have some paper to scribble on. How much per hour would you be willing to forbid to get a job where you can draw? Any other people have jobs where you can draw ( if so where)?

Additionally question: People who gave up "teh Dream" Where are you working at now and whats the best panic transition out of a drawing career?
>>
I work at a call center as a sales rep. I'll. tell you about it when I get home.
>>
>>2339563

I'm back home. Don't get a job at a call center kids, it will kill every fiber of your mental energy. I know I talk to retards on this site everyday but it's on a whole other level when it comes to call centers--you're dealing with the cream of the crop kind of retards. I'm talking redneck white trash, old bitches about to inhale their last breath, bitch ass white cunts who act like little miss princess, jocks who call in to waste your time (and theirs), the Marian's who always laugh every 2 seconds, the negresses who want shit for free, that one prank caller who thinks he'll get great youtube footage, etc.

The best "panic transition" is to GET GOOD and MAKE MONEY with your art so you can ESCAPE HELL. And you sure as hell don't want to work retail because as bad as sales is at least you can potentially make $3000 bi-weekly instead of $400 monthly like some bitch slave.
>>
I'm doing full time hours as a history / geneology research assistant. I sometimes doodle at work when there's not much going on but even if you're working full time you can find plenty of time to draw after work, as long as you're not doing something so physically taxing that you're completely exhausted.
>>
>>2339670
ive done call centering before for a telephone carrier. I think all these people are hilarious. I like this one mom who went to las vegas and let her young child unattended and his kid used 1k $ worth of internet. HILARIOUS.

Another man was blaming telegraphs for bad reception and threatening to throw his phone in the lake. HILARIOUS.

Thres nothing bad about call centers bro ( Canada) maybe youve just had a bad experience.

PROTIP: always negotiate your contract and give us excuses to give you a better contract, like well pretend to look into the system to see if you have a good credit history so just encourage us to verify.

Sadly, I didnt have access to paper at that job because private information.
>>
>>2339398
stfu alice
>>
>>2339702

Somebody still has his parents money and hasn't told them that he dropped out.
>>
>>2339698
I do tech support, you know the kind of tech support people think it's a scam when really it's just a grey area in sales. The shit people say like "Im gonna steal their credit card info and ruin their life" to "You gonna hack the pentagon" to people acting like they're Donald trump or the 1st lady as if they're important shit.

You here it all the time on the internet how they'll steal your credit info to some outlandish bs when we're just people like them trying to eat. Nobody wants to sit here and waste their time 'scamming' you as if you're president obama himself. We all wish we could take a vacation.
>>
>>2339716
hear* fuck let me go play some games
>>
>>2339398
I stopped drawing in High School and now work in technical support. It's not the worst. Pay is good and I have a good amount of downtime between customer calls to watch youtube or doodle. I get to live in a nice 1 br apartment and save a couple k's a month.

I only feel like I'm dying inside maybe 70% of the time.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.