[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ic/, I think I'm going crazy or something. For the last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: LoomisSkull1.jpg (142 KB, 1001x405) Image search: [Google]
LoomisSkull1.jpg
142 KB, 1001x405
/ic/, I think I'm going crazy or something. For the last year or so I've been drawing the middle line through the ball as the browline, as it said in LOOMIS. But I went though it again and I see him illustrating that it runs through the middle of the eye.

Which is it? Please help.
>>
>>2338991
not the eyes, but the holes in the skull in which the eyes fit. Loomis isnt a god. he makes mistakes too. that skull is pointed downward a bit as well

Question thread next time please..
>>
>>2338996

No, in both pictures the middle line in the ball is in the same spot, but it goes through the brow in one while it goes through the eye socket in the other. How is it actually suppose to be?

I see it both ways in some of his other illustrations, so It's hard to be certain.

It should have been there, my bad.
>>
>>2338999
i now see he has 2 lines, one for the eyes one for the bridge, he doesnt draw the bridge on in the skulls. But does it really fucking matter though?
>>
>>2339006
its top of the ear vs top of the cheekbone, its simple.
>>
>>2339006

When I draw a head I do like the right side, I just want to know if that's correct or not.

At further inspection, both heads are equally proportioned, however the guidelines being at different points is really confusing me.
>>
Holy shit. The equator line of the sphere is the browline.
You find the eyes in the middle of the entire face as a whole.

OBVIOUSLY it changes per person, but who cares.

Ask in the beginner/question thread next time.
>>
>>2338991
This confused the shit out of me too
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.