[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking about going to art school, and I want to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151126_010756.jpg (922 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151126_010756.jpg
922 KB, 3264x2448
I'm thinking about going to art school, and I want to make a portfolio with some really good stuff in it. Any advice on this matter? (The picture is my work, but not at all my best, just whatever was laying around.)
>>
File: IMG_20151125_113440.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151125_113440.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
I also did this real fast to make sure I could stipple. That was the first thing I've stippled haha
>>
You appear to have no talent, you'll fit right in at art school. Dont worry about the portfolio, it can be literal shit as long as your artist statement is pretentious enough
>>
I do a lot of mural paintings locally and make money doing it. That's probably where my best work is.
>>
Advice:
Keep trying, no matter what. Keep trying, even when most people would give up.
Keep trying when everybody laughs at you, and feel vulnerable and afraid.
Keep trying when you realize you could've just went to medical school and never have to worry about money. Practice everyday.
You might only get +0.000001%, then yesterday, but that's 10000000000x better than not practicing at all. Can you dig it?

It's those who kept trying who got super fucking good, not the ones who were born with some kind of genetic gift to be amazing at every art form and they have an IQ of 179, and they drank the bath water of Leonardo Da Vinci or some shit.

Also, I think you're a good artist so far. You already have a great background, I can tell you've got talent.

This is advice from someone who isn't necessarily talented, but I am extremely passionate about my work and I try my hardest, because when I do just 0.000001% better than yesterday, I feel like I am not a complete waste of resources, oxygen, and water.
>>
Thank you. I appreciate it
>>
>>2338499

Don't go to art school. Go to regular university with a good art program for a different degree that has real job prospects and take art electives an even minor or double major if you can hack it.
>>
>>2338586
True story.

Though, if I were you, I would really think about what you want. Think about where you see your self in a couple of years, or wherever your decisions may take you. If you love art enough and you can see yourself dumping literally countless hours into improving, then go for it. But more than anything, the real reward for pursuing art is self-satisfaction. Which is something that not many things in life give. Art is something you can never cheat. In the end, it's all based on if you are satisfied with yourself. If you have that, then screw money.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.