[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Assembling line painting in China
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
Interesting http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2375270/Dafen-Oil-Painting-Village-thousands-artists-recreate-paintings-sale-overseas.html

They maybe human photocopying machines but from what I hear, many of these painters were trained as artists but there apparently is no market for original paintings it seems for them(guess they haven't discovered the wonders of patreon)
>>
>>2337611
Fuck that is depressing and insightful at the same time.

Well thanks the post OP.
>>
>>2337611
that horse is so fucking small
>>
At least in Russia they have more brains, they actually forge paintings and sell them as originals for tons of money.
>>
>>2338043
i dunno..it might have a shit ton of mistakes but it seems an improvement over the original
>>
I wouldn't mind having a job like that. Beats working a factory line and you sitll get to paint and learn. It's like doing master copies all day and get paid.
>>
>>2338072
get paid 1 dollar/40 hours ?
>>
>>2337611
It's because Chinese people don't have souls, so they can only copy.
>>
>>2338043
considering that's napoleon on it it must be a shetland pony
>>
>>2338188
napoleon wasn't especially short.
>>
>>2338190
Compared to his time - compared to ours he is tiny (lmao ded parents). Also the height of horses hasn't changed much i believe.
>>
>>2338072
This pretty much, extreme training
>>
>>2338086
why is ruanjia the king of /ic/ then
>>
>>2338226

>responding to jealous white people with no skill
>>
>>2338226
rua is an exception, really. china is known for copying\stealing. seriously, check out their movies. it's all the same shit with some notable exceptions. when america makes movies they do it about whatever. china makes movies that literally say "and that's why capitalism is evil, folks!" say whatever you fags want but culture matters a lot
>>
File: kek.jpg (38 KB, 450x495) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
38 KB, 450x495
>>2338308
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-23067082

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jnylander/2015/07/13/how-chinese-students-are-cheating-to-get-into-u-s-universities/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10132391/Riot-after-Chinese-teachers-try-to-stop-pupils-cheating.html
>>
>>2338308
>>2338317
I remember talking to some Chinese guy about the dude that stole Steve Jobs persona, and he didn't give a single shit that he was entirely fake. His comment was only, "but that guys rich!"

And don't even get me started on Chinese tourists... fucking hell
>>
>>2338308

There's a difference between mainland china and Hong Kong.

Many Hollywood directors like the Wachowskiis and Quentin Tarantino borrowed a lot from Hong Kong cinema, especially from John Woo's Die Xue Shuang Xiong (The Killer in the US) and Jackie Chan films.
>>
>>2338062
yeah, the size is the same in the original. it looks incredibly stupid
>>
>>2337611
>he painted the Mona Lisa smoking a joint
>>
File: WangKewei.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1470) Image search: [Google]
WangKewei.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1470
>>2338086
>>2337611
They also do homages, pic very related.
>>
>>2338076
Don't know bout china but in mexico you get $6/hr for painting brainless colonial landscapes.
It's better than Wal Mart or Starbucks.
>>
>>2338209
5'10 is the average male height.
/fit/ is retarded and doesn't get it because they're manlets themselves, but when you're over 7' tall you realize the hard way our world is made for the 5'8"-6'0" male.
>>
>>2338308
Other than police procedural, everything in american tv was copied from south american soap operas.
>>
>>2338566
So you're over 7 feet tall? I like too that according to your logic someone who is 6'10 wouldn't be able to figure out the world isn't made for him.
>>
>>2338561

That should cheer someone up? Just makes you realize how worthless art skills really are.
>>
>>2338580
Why would them? Manlet shoes fit them because they're manlet+. They don't need to pay more for airplane seats where they actually fit, don't need to replace the plumbing in their house because the shitter and shower are too little or too low, don't need to get all their clothes tailor-made unless they like basketball american fashion, and they fit through doors.

/fit/ ridicilously overvalues being a couple figurines taller than the average guy.
>>
>>2338076
Better than paying 100 dollars an hour to sit in a class taught by some incompetent teacher
>>
I expected /ic/ not to differ artist plainly copying from designing artists, did not fail.

Did not expect the thread to derail in some racist bullshit.
>>
>>2338875
nigga what?
>>
>>2338881
he said he expected /ic/ to be unable to distinguish between human photocopiers and artists who design their own images from original concepts, but he didn't expect the thread to derail into racism (ching chong robot artist culture thieves)
>>
One of us should go there for like a year, learn to do master studies quickly and then come back with the capability to learn super fast and dominate the illustration/concept art market.

What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>2339915
asians wont give jobs to whities unless they're teaching english
>>
>>2339953
you really don't think so? I'd imagine if you asked around enough you could find a grunt job and then work your way up provided you knew some chinese. I wonder if anyone's ever done that
>>
damn that's just depressing
hobby-ho
>>
>>2338369
I'm not going to lie. When I enlarged the image my very first thought was
>that's fucking radical
Even though /ic/ could rip it apart for its color choices and whatever.
>>
>>2340126
Yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing.
>until I saw the forehead
>> where tf is the forehead supposed to be?
>>> Oh, I guess his eyebrows took it.
Pretty impressive regardless.
>>
>>2337611
>trained by photocopying famous pieces of art
>surprised when the only job he can do is photocopying famous pieces of art
>>
A chinese room for paintings. Heh.
>>
>>2338043
maybe it was a pony?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.