[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I have any sort of talent? Should I keep practicing or just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: theodora.jpg (803 KB, 1265x2236) Image search: [Google]
theodora.jpg
803 KB, 1265x2236
Do I have any sort of talent? Should I keep practicing or just try something else? Sketch in photoshop, 45 minutes to one hour.
>>
File: task1.jpg (675 KB, 2480x1635) Image search: [Google]
task1.jpg
675 KB, 2480x1635
>>2336915
>Do I have any sort of talent?
Talent doesn't exist, faggot.

And if you have to ask should you keep practicing, then the answer is: no, try something else.
You clearly don't have enough passion for painting to master it.
>>
>>2336915
>Do I have any sort of talent

no. but don't worry neither does anybody else.

>Should I keep practicing or just try something else?

how the fuck am i supposed to know
>>
>>2336950
>Talent doesn't exist, faggot.

nice meme

Lack of talent isn't an excuse and can be overcome, but pretending like certain people don't have predispositions to skills is retarded.
>>
>>2336964
Art isn't just blithely throwing down lines and eventually they'll become more like what you want them to look. Composition and fundamentals are important if you want to draw anything more complicated than a cube accurately, which pretty much anyone needs to practice as well.

To answer OPs questions:
It's better than the average person, but still has room for improvement
If you think art is magically going to become more exciting at a higher skill level, it's not for you. Art isn't a magical cash bank either if that's what you're going for.
And how fast you make things doesn't matter.
Speed comes with time, and is generally irrelevant unless you have tight schedules.
>>
>>2336980
Hey anon thank you. Checking my shit.

"If you think art is magically going to become more exciting at a higher skill level [you are tarded]"

I get caught in that thought trap.
>>
>>2336980
>Art isn't just blithely throwing down lines and eventually they'll become more like what you want them to look. Composition and fundamentals are important if you want to draw anything more complicated than a cube accurately, which pretty much anyone needs to practice as well.

Absolutely. And pretending some people aren't able to take to learning this with greater speed and ability is ridiculous. Art is a skill, and certain people are just well disposed for the learning of certain skills.

Talent is just a natural predisposition to a skill. These things exist, not just for art but many things. That doesn't mean that talent replaces skill or practice.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.