[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is art in your opinion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: murakami.jpg (690 KB, 2184x1093) Image search: [Google]
murakami.jpg
690 KB, 2184x1093
I've been kind of struggling/toiling with myself about what I consider art.

I really do love art, especially beautiful realistic pieces, however when I try do draw or do anything art related I just scribble and try to put my emotions on the paper whether it be doodles or words or whatever. Does this make me an artist though? I wish it did but I don't think it does. Nothing I produce remotely looks good, so idk. I'm gonna do my best to improve

What is art in your opion? What makes someone an artist? Is it absolutely subjective?

pic related. basic as fuck but I really do look at murakami as a creative inspiration, I like his work but that's just me
>>
I think most things are art, but on varying levels. We often draw/paint nature and its beauty is the art, right? well I like to look at everything as art in itself, but when the factor of humans come into play, I tend to see art in a different light.

Criteria for art(very simple):

1. Does it look good?

thats it!
after that, I take into play what i know about technique and see if i it fits.
does it have proper proportion, is the lighting good, do the colors look right etc...

so, i guess its very subjective!
>>
>>2336283
i consider art to be anything manmade, does not mean i like everything that is made by man
>>
Art is a way to express thought, feelings, and depict certatin things. It's something that people can connect to, being that they have experienced those feelings, thought similarly, or seen similar events. It's relativity between man and life, how one perceives the earth on a blank canvas.

Sorry for being poetic, I just really have a passion for art, I guess.
>>
>>2336283
>I've been kind of struggling/toiling with myself about what I consider art.

why does it matter? just make what you want to make and avoid labels and semantic debates.
>>
>>2336283
The only people that try to figure out what art is are the ones that don't understand it and never will.
>>
>>2337479

*avoid tablets
>>
>>2336283
>'what is art?' thread
>4 tablet threads currently up
>4 requests thread

3-4 years ago and you'd get banhammered pretty instantly. Goes to show how dead /ic/ is in it's current state.

>what is art
Another reason for you to procrastinate on an anonymous website waiting for replies. Be productive instead of arguing about philosophical questions. If you really want to know what art is, read the thousands of threads that had already been posted over the years in the archive.
>>
>>2336283
Art is two homeboys staying at each other's how's after school making small advances towards each other not trying to make it obvious for fear that the other might not be that into them so the whole afternoon is this awkward act of drinking beer, playing gta, and comparing dick sizes
>>
>>2336283
1. If anything a Yoko Ono does is considered art, why should you care? It has become a meaningless term.

2. Don't care and only be concerned with whether you like it or not
>>
If it's something that gets a reaction out of me, and looks good enough to want to take it in and take a second look.
>>
Art is putting X in its right place.

Where:
>X = movement, noise, pigment, etc.
>right = subjective
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.