[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A bit further still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: DSCN8978small.jpg (447 KB, 692x922) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8978small.jpg
447 KB, 692x922
A bit further still
>>
File: DSCN8980.jpg (437 KB, 692x922) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8980.jpg
437 KB, 692x922
>>
Doing something with every thing you've got left in your life that nobody wants anyway.

One day someone will care, will look up close , notice how it changes as they peer around it, see the shapes and colours and enjoy it.

Regarding your posts dis-liking it, obviously it wasn't made for you.
>>
Pan says hello to the new year,
>>
File: P1000043.jpg (661 KB, 1069x1600) Image search: [Google]
P1000043.jpg
661 KB, 1069x1600
>>2334987

and his gf
>>
File: P1000042.jpg (510 KB, 1600x1069) Image search: [Google]
P1000042.jpg
510 KB, 1600x1069
>>
>>2337574
do you paint with frosting
>>
>>2334972
I like your style but I wish didn't look so flat.
>>
>>2337589
I'm taking my cue from Auerbach, and Lucian also applied paint heavily later on. It's spectacular, and expensive.

If I could ever be set up in a working studio I'd make more conventional works in-between. I do long to make something glazed and finely layered, as it is I cannot waste the resources.

It's close to completion though with no buyers how do I fund the next one? It's even larger and needs hundreds of pounds spent on it.

I despair.
>>
>>2337596
The photograph is deceiving. In reality, if you were to move your head around the character you'll see his face changing, from profile to full on, he changes countenance.

It's one of the aspects of these paintings, they take a long time to be exhausted by the viewer, there's always something else to see. A different lamp light, a different angle, there will be a new discovery.

My favourite is the candlelight test, the flickering light animates it.
>>
File: gross-arm.jpg (85 KB, 595x340) Image search: [Google]
gross-arm.jpg
85 KB, 595x340
>>2337574
she must play basketball
>>
>>2337613
you know you're wrong
>>
File: spacejam.jpg (247 KB, 413x479) Image search: [Google]
spacejam.jpg
247 KB, 413x479
>>2337618
your sheboon cant hide from the line tool
>>
>>2337586
That thing must have some weight to it
>>
>>2337671
she's holding something, and Titian took license with proportion.

>>2337674
Yeah, a lot of it is in the mind though. It weighs heavily upon me.
>>
>>2337671
looking at my reference I'm not far off, her head could do with a neck however. Let it dry up and attack it again.
>>
yeah I can see you laughing at me with your meme's

Pan's arms are bent so shorter, her's aren't finished

I need to get this finished before they operate on me, but if you were me would you do this again? no, I'd be mad to.

It's spectacular

"we only like ruining things"

I know.....
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.