[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Autodesk Sketchbook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: anna wip autodesk sketchbook.jpg (83 KB, 1024x553) Image search: [Google]
anna wip autodesk sketchbook.jpg
83 KB, 1024x553
Anyone using this program here? How's this program (in comparison to Photoshop). Also, why can I only add three layers in Autodesk Sketchbook?
Pic related
>>
I tried it. Didn't paint but I can tell the lines are even better than sai. No idea about the three layers thing you are talking about.
>>
>>2333454
>the lines are even better than sai
How?
>>
File: Intuos-Pen-Feel.jpg (33 KB, 537x431) Image search: [Google]
Intuos-Pen-Feel.jpg
33 KB, 537x431
>>2333459
>>2333454
hes a retard, the only thing that makes good lines in a program is pressure control through curves. thats why photoshop is bad for linework, because it has no such functions. sai doesnt have that function eithe, but it has something similar but its not flexible(also its lightweight). programs such as tvpaint, stylos and manga are the superior programs for linework.
>>
>>2333507
linework is for fags like you and op
>>
>>2333508
found the teenie that bereeves he can do concept art lelelelel.
>>
OP here. How do I draw really amooth lines? My lines tend to be a bit jagged.
>>
>>2333589
used this program before, currently using photoshop. overall i just like photoshop's interface better, plus there are more options with brush presets and such. (i probably don't make full use of it.)

no idea about smooth lines though. i just practice. a lot.
>>
>>2333450
I've used it. It has the best user interface of any program I've used, and I really enjoyed it. The main problem as I see it, is its not the industry standard tool. It does basic things fantastically but is quite limited beyond that.

It's fine to use if you only do this as a hobby or fulfil private commissions, but if you aspired to work with a company then don't use it.

They limit the three layers to make you buy the full program.
>>
File: hipsabound.png (207 KB, 739x823) Image search: [Google]
hipsabound.png
207 KB, 739x823
Use it regularly. Like it lots.
Photoshop is standard, so if you're looking to break into the industry, don't prioritize it unless you mix the two.

Also, you're probably using a trial version.
>>
>>2333450
>>2333754
>>2333766

>Sketchbook
>Sketch book
>>
>>2333803
>faggot
>fag got
>>
>>2333507
Why the heck are you linking an image of the native pressure curve tool within Wacom's drivers itself if you claim software without such a thing suck? That's practically proving the opposite.
Besides, there are plenty of software-side factors that determine line quality output besides that or stabilisation.
>>
>>2333450
they should concentrate on revit and stop pandering to "digital artists"
>>
>>2333450
looks like crap why reinvent the wheel

in this case Painter it does it all
>>
anyone know of a drawing program that works with windows 10

i tried sai, can't get pressure to work
photoshop doesn't even open
manga studio/clip studio paint doesn't have pressure sensitivity...
gimp doesn't work
krita gives me a black screen even after i updated
autodesk sketchbook kind of works... it crashes a ton

so far all i've gotten to work properly is fresh paint lol

I'm on a surface pro 4 if that means anything.

am sad
>>
>>2334424
The lack of pressure sounds like a driver issue. Maybe it's related to http://community.wacom.com/inspiration/blog/2015/august/wacom-and-windows-10 ?
>>
File: tvpaintprofile.jpg (120 KB, 521x540) Image search: [Google]
tvpaintprofile.jpg
120 KB, 521x540
>>2334399
i posted that image to show noobies what a pressure curve looks like... if they cant find that in a program. they are messing with the wrong program to define better lines. tv paint has the best output for better lines, and if you disagree then youre a beginner in ever aspect. oh and stabilization is nothing more than just a garbage setting that competely takes away the feel when drawing.
>>
>>2334428
>http://community.wacom.com/inspiration/blog/2015/august/wacom-and-windows-10
thanks, i truly appreciate it, but that isn't quite what i'm looking for. I'm not using any extra tablet, just using the surface pen. Thanks though. Hopefully i'll figure something out with it. Until then, I'm doing traditional.

happy new year everyone
>>
>>2334424
just download the tablet/pen drivers.
>>
>>2334424
>windows 10
>i tried sai, can't get pressure to work
Happened to me too. Just download the drivers.
>>
>>2334902
>>2334509
did. didnt work.
glad it did for you though
>>
I've used Photoshop for so long and understand it so well that it's a challenge to learn a new program that essentially does the same thing.
Sai with it's tool customization is cool but when you know how to make brushes in PS it seem redundant.
All recommendations to try other programs fall on deaf ear because from my point of view there is nothing new being brought to the table. To some there might be amazing benefits but not for me.
>>
>>2335314
MS5/Clip Studio actually offers a lot of options that Photoshop does not have, from brush options to UI to advanced vector tools. Maybe they're useless to you, but I vastly prefer it.
>>
>>2335943
Can clip studio blend like said can?
>>
Sai*
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.