[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Critique Me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_0158[1].jpg (99 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0158[1].jpg
99 KB, 750x750
Hey, /ic/. Do what you do best and tear this apart.
>>
>>2332636
the wrapping of the fingers are completely off. the knuckles should come forward. But more importantly, where do you think the thumb is coming from?
>>
File: IMG_0137[1].jpg (812 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0137[1].jpg
812 KB, 2448x2448
>>2332648
Any particular book you can send me to?
>>
>>2332636
thumb is off, but not by much.
>>
>>2332636
looks good, but stop scratching! your linecontrol is nonexistant
>>
>>2332655
>(George Bridgman) The Book of a Hundred Hands
>Drawing Dynamic Hands: Burne Hogarth
>Andrew Loomis - Drawing the Head and Hands
>>
>>2332695
Thanks, Anon. Appreciate it.
>>
>>2332636
It is obvious that you looked at reference and followed the contours of the hand instead of constructing it. Think in terms of simple shapes, elongated cylinder for the forearm and rectangles for the fingers. Then you flesh out the arm according to your reference. Also the way you make lines is a bad habit. This is known as "chicken scratching" where instead of making a single continous line, you scratch away with smaller lines. The sticky will provide you with more indepth information and get you going.
>>
File: 1.Tingling-Dirty Doodles 1.jpg (1 MB, 1560x2048) Image search: [Google]
1.Tingling-Dirty Doodles 1.jpg
1 MB, 1560x2048
This is now a critique thread.
Need feedback
>>
>>2332694
looks fine to me, lines adds nice value
>>
>>2332874
I love you. That was very helpful and I appreciate your critique.
>>
>>2332648
>>2332689
>>2332694
>>2333116
Thanks a lot for your thoughts. I'll keep them in mind.
>>
>>2333108
Over all I'd say its lacking depth. The background and the figure are pretty much the same shade which takes away from the nice line work. I'd say choose one or the other having tons of detail, but thats not the only fix.

The rest of my critiques are more nitpicky. The right titty wouldn't be a titty anymore if its a craved out chest, and having the line connecting the heart to the eye be straight makes the titty hole look even less like a hole. The neck looks like it's still attached and it just has a weird ring on it. Lines around the entire lips look pretty bad. The hair line on the top head looks odd. The hair getting dark in the bottom right corner is super weird to the composition.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.