[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys. Its time for me to buy a new computer screen. I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: screen.jpg (74 KB, 1500x1386) Image search: [Google]
screen.jpg
74 KB, 1500x1386
Hi guys. Its time for me to buy a new computer screen. I have 2 major problems with that, namely:

1. I'm a poorfag (budget ends at about 250$)
2. I know shit about computer screens.

I'm asking you, /ic/, because (obviously) Im doing my best to become a digital artist and I need my screen to be good for drawing - nice contrast, nice blacks with prefferable matte (or not? I might be wrong).

Please help me out, artfriends.
>>
>>2332493
I have one of those http://www.amazon.co.uk/AOC-I2269VWM-Monitor-Display-Speakers/dp/B00BDBVCCK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451483973&sr=8-1&keywords=aoc+21.5

cheap and good. I am thinking about buying 2 more, one as a second monitor at home, and one for work so that I don't have to carry anymore the one I already have between home and work
>>
>>2332493

at that price range there's only garbage. no need to worry too much. Get some shit monitor, improve your art for 2-3 years, then get a new one in the 600$ range.
>>
>>2332493
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B1IAL7W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

good screen, good colors, ips, cheap and i use it so its okay, you're probably not a good artist yet, when that happens get a benQ monitor. /g/ out.
>>
>>2332569

Not OP but I'm in the market for a new one as well - any in particular that are good for art? I have two and I notice there's a distinct difference in color quality between the two.
>>
>>2332493
Matte is generally less vivid than glossy, but if you're dealing with a lot of sunglare on your screen it's absolutely worth it. Unless you enjoy looking at your reflection all day of course.

Just keep in mind that even if you wind up with a fancy high-end IPS monitor with perfect calibration, most of your audience will still be viewing your digital work on their overbright smartphones, washed out laptops with shitty viewing angles, and so on.
Good artwork generally doesn't stop looking good on a different device unless you're playing a lot with low-value, high-colour contrasts or something of the sort.

So unless you plan on making a lot of prints or doing work for studios/big names in the near future, you should probably be fine with any monitor as long as the gamma is decent and the grays don't have a hue to them. Might want to double-check if your model doesn't have complaints about backlight bleeding as well.
You can always get a second monitor later on if money's really tight; chances are you won't want to go back to 1 anyway, once you're used to a double screen setup.
>>
>>2332493
http://www.logicalincrements.com/#!/monitor
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.