[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of program should I use to do that kind of drawing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12
What kind of program should I use to do that kind of drawing? I have a Wacom tablet
>>
photoshop, manga studio, krita, paint tool sai, gimp, etc.

You'll quickly notice the program matters a lot less than your knowledge and ability.
>>
>>2330747
I know, I use Sketchbook and it doesn't have the tools to do that kind of coloring. Thanks
>>
>>2330752
I see absolutely no special technique in this painting, actually, it looks like the artist used just one simpre round, opaque brush, pretty much like traditional painting with acrylics or guache.
>>
>>2330747
krita is complete ass.
>>
>>2330752

>Open up my copy of sketchbook pro
>hard brushes - check
>opacity adjust settings check
>layer modes (overlay screen etc) -check
>a color wheel check

nah son it's got everything you need, you just don't know how to make use of the tools available
>>
>>2330760

better than gimp holy shit dude
>>
>>2330763
Aight, I'm shit. But thanks for making me realize it, really
>>
>>2330763

Post work.
>>
>>2330760
you are complete ass
>>
>>2330770
Stop being dramatic.
>>
File: 14267923756750.jpg (81 KB, 900x555) Image search: [Google]
14267923756750.jpg
81 KB, 900x555
>>2330742
Photoshop. Use it.
>>2330747
and dont listen to faggots like this. They are probably very young and just starting to draw so they full of "super knowleges" like FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS XDDD PROGRAMS DOESNT MATTER XDDDDDDD. They throwing these advices here and there to look smart.

while it's actually a specific thing. Like for example you can tell when it was drawn in Sai and when it was Corel or Photoshop.

OP's picture was drawn in photoshop which means its your answer.
End of story. Thread can be closed now.
>>
>>2330804

you sound like the kid who thinks program matters.

i bet you also think its better to draw on a cintiq because 'its liek drawing on paper'
>>
File: 14211557182150.png (100 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
14211557182150.png
100 KB, 960x540
>>2330811
Sorry child, but i have years of experience and work in industry where people draw pictures like OP's pic.
You can keep being butthurt and continue with "post work" maymay.
>>
>>2330811
Shaoling
>>
>>2330804

I didn't say they don't matter at all, I said they matter a lot less than his knowledge or ability.
Anyone asking "what program to draw this" has probably got fucking years ahead before they can, and they'll quickly learn for themselves what program suits their preferences.

And while I've never used gimp, I've used all the others, and none will impede someone who knows what they're doing and how to use the program to create a fucking portrait.
>>
File: louie.110630.jpg (9 KB, 300x215) Image search: [Google]
louie.110630.jpg
9 KB, 300x215
>>2330816
>I didn't say they don't matter at all, I said they matter a lot less than his knowledge or ability.
>Anyone asking "what program to draw this"
>>2330811
You both faggots have exact same problem that young beginners have.
You probably use your eyes to brush shit on them instead of read posts.

OP asked
>What kind of program should I use to do that kind of drawing?
Which means he wants a SPECIFIC program to use exact this style/brushtrokes/feel which means he should use Photoshop.

But no you start your PROGRAMS DONT MATTER XDDDDD maymay again instead of giving straight answer because you want to show how smart you are.
>>
>>2330812

well duh photoshop is the industry standard

but these pros can easily use these other prgrams and produce the same results.

they are just tools at the end of the day, just tools
>>
>>2330825

Would you fuck off with your ironic XDDDDD bullshit? It doesn't make you sound wise it makes you sound like a fucking retard.
>>
File: цпу4323.jpg (44 KB, 650x395) Image search: [Google]
цпу4323.jpg
44 KB, 650x395
>>2330826
>but these pros can easily use these other prgrams and produce the same results.
no they cant because brushes will be different.
SAI dont have even a half of brushed that photoshop has. You can use SAI when you are tumblr autist but if you are professional its better to youse Photoshop.

Yes if you are ultra PRO XD you can try to emulate exact same drawing in SAI but you would do that only if you are retarded autist because it will make you spend extra time for emulating those strokes while you could do this easier and faster in Photoshop.

As i said before - 2 kids think they know everything because they watched "Inspiring Videos" on youtube and shitting about it here and there sharing "knowleges".
>>2330828
Fuck off retard. Won't even waste my time for you.
>>
Now that OP knows it's Photoshop (wow, who would have guessed concept artists use Photoshop?), you're ready to create great art and it's all thanks to our experienced professional here.
>>
>>2330825

>exact the style

program irrelevant, that's down to the users skill

>brushstrokes

its a basic round opaque brush, which all programs have. nitwit

>feel

this most certainly doesn't have a 'photoshop feel' to it. it has a generic digital feel which any program aside from MS fucking paint can produce.
>>
>>2330831
>Won't even waste my time for you

Woe is fucking me, you condescending shit. Photoshop being industry standard =/= photoshop is the only program capable of a portrait with pretty basic brushstrokes. It's not even the only program capable of custom brushes even if he had used some elaborate brush.

That portrait in OP requires knowing facial anatomy, forms, color and value. It doesn't require photoshop.

But please, please stop "wasting your time" so I don't need to hear another one of your worthless highhorse bullshit posts.

I stand by what I say,
>>
>>2330831

see

>>2330834

QED little bitch
>>
>>2330831

its 3 vs 1 (you)

you're on your own because you're clrearly chatting shit and getting banged
>>
File: antonov color only.jpg (12 KB, 736x471) Image search: [Google]
antonov color only.jpg
12 KB, 736x471
Let's stop discussing, the program doesn't matter that much, you skill does, but the you can't use your skills if you don't have the right program

I always were shit at painting, so I copied the drawing, and then started painting without looking at the original pic. Before anyone says "muh you shouldn't copy drawings", I did it to aprimorate my skills.

I did that in 20 minutes in sketchbook, haven't finished. How's it looking?
>>
>>2330839
>That portrait in OP requires knowing facial anatomy, forms, color and value. It doesn't require photoshop.
We talk about style and brushstrokes you moron.
>I stand by what I say,
i dont really give a shit. Because i dont really see how another early 20s moron with anime drawings in SAI will be hired by videogame industry or anything like that.
>>2330840
keep sucking his ass senpai
>>
File: eh.jpg (176 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
176 KB, 2000x1000
>>2330843

Brace for another smug answer from him about how 3 inexperienced youngsters can't hold a torch to him and his unrivaled industry experience.
>>
File: ck_square_fullsize.jpg (166 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ck_square_fullsize.jpg
166 KB, 600x600
>>2330843
>its 3 vs 1 (you)
>you're on your own because you're clrearly chatting shit and getting banged
Quality over quantity.
Im an experienced professional who just having time arguing with kids.
You could be 10 against me and it wont change anything really.
>>
>>2330847
>We talk about style and brushstrokes you moron.

So you actually believe either of those things are exclusive to photoshop? What the fuck holy grail brushstrokes do you think the guy used, man?
>>
File: Romebox.jpg (46 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Romebox.jpg
46 KB, 400x400
>>2330850
>>2330848

Called it.
>>
>>2330853
>>2330852
>So you actually believe either of those things are exclusive to photoshop?
take a load of this faggot
>>
>>2330850

I'm not one for going "post your work" but if you're seriously going to repeatedly cite what a grizzled veteran you are you should fucking put up already or fuck off with pretending to be an authority.
>>
File: CUKGoB-UYAATtf1.jpg (63 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CUKGoB-UYAATtf1.jpg
63 KB, 600x450
>>2330850

Yo chill before the kids next door comes after your ass lmao
>>
>>2330852
Didn't you hear about that auto-paint filter?

It's even more funny because there are absolutely no fancy stuff like textured brushes or crazy filters in that image, it's just raw painting.
>>
>>2330860
>lmao
you could just post this so we would know how autistic you are
>>
>>2330831
You are the stop painting with opacity guy arent you
>>
>>2330846
Pls rate
>>
>>2330881
lmaoOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

is that better?
>>
File: 3ZduaAx.png (331 KB, 700x3287) Image search: [Google]
3ZduaAx.png
331 KB, 700x3287
>>2330901
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.