[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
at what point does drawing start to feel natural? I've just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_5454.jpg (80 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5454.jpg
80 KB, 480x640
at what point does drawing start to feel natural? I've just recently (as in within the last few days) started to draw. I always did doodles in school but I've never been "technically" good at drawing, and I want to change that because I feel I'm a creative person. But right now it just constantly feels like I'm waiting to fuck up and restart. Nothing feels natural. They say anyone can draw as long as you practice... is this actually true? Is there hope for me? I just want to create nice things
>>
depending on what level you want to get to it could take anywhere from a year to a lifetime. i personally feel like i have pretty high standards for myself and i'd say this is my fifth year pursuing art, second year taking it seriously and i'm only now starting to approach a point where i'm happy with my work. yes, practice and hard work pays off. its the fastest way to improve.
>>
It'll take a few years.
I've been at it for a year and I'm starting to get some stuff come more intuitively when it comes to understanding forms and shapes, and I can get lines I want more quickly more regularly, but I'm still a long way off from what I see some people do where they just slap down all the lines they want on their first go consistently.
>>
>>2330668
If you draw all the time it takes one year, but that's if you draw seriously and don't fuck around.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.