[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
akira welding helmet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 20151227_110133.jpg (2 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
20151227_110133.jpg
2 MB, 2988x5312
here's a welding helmet i'm painting. i decided to go with an akira theme. this is the front.
>>
File: 20151227_110644.jpg (2 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
20151227_110644.jpg
2 MB, 2988x5312
i'll put the capsule logo on the sides.
>>
>>2329029

neat

stencil on that logo though or it might come out like shit
>>
>>2329064
there's no way to make a stencil that size. i made a circle stencil for the top and bottom borders of the text but beyond that i'll have to eyeball it
>>
>>2329081

>there's no way to make a stencil that size

make your logo digitally and print it out on some acetate then cut it out
>>
>>2329126 i'd probably have to go to a shop for that and i'm impatient. besides, hand-painting is more fun :)
>>
>>2329133

It's gonna look bad, especially when you have those nice clean lines on the front. Please get some acetate or other thin plastic to make the stencil, it will look so much better if it's done right.
>>
>>2329135
what kind of local store would sell it?
>>
>>2329138

literally any craft store, maybe walmart

any thin plastic sheeting will do, not necessarily acetate
>>
>>2329138

Also you don't have to print the logo necessarily, you can draw it on with sharpie. The benefit of the plastic is that you can make a stencil as small as you want, provided you can use a blade well.
>>
File: 20151227_131646.jpg (103 KB, 664x374) Image search: [Google]
20151227_131646.jpg
103 KB, 664x374
>>2329147
what i'm trying to do right now is draw it on directly with a fine wet-erase marker, then dab it off until its faded and then paint carefully over that. keep in mind, these lines are much wider than the limits of how i can paint. besides, i could make letter borders with some finely cut masking tape and just do them one at a time.

another problem i see with a plastic stencil is that i would need it to be adhesive to get clean lines
>>
>>2329156
Stencil that shit. Please. It will turn out so much better. Fuck, just use a regular printer and put it on a bit of plastic, than cut out the letters with a knife and spray paint it. And practice painting on a bit of scrap cardboard or something first, so it comes out right. It's cheap, easier than painting, and it will look better.
>>
Stencil pls
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.