[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a commision to customize pic related. I'm used to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1380589235471.jpg (69 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1380589235471.jpg
69 KB, 1200x800
I got a commision to customize pic related. I'm used to drawing digital only and I'm not very knowledgable on materials. What kind of marker would be good? I heard Sharpies tend to bleed after a while, or if you try to spray sealant on it.
>>
Markers are an awful medium. Acrylic paint is probably your best bet for fabric/canvas shoes. Don't cheap out and buy student grade garbage. But golden brand, or if you have access, Nova color. You can get by with the good stuff in one coat. If you buy student grade shit, you'll have to go over everything 3 times.

You can print your design digitally and then transfer with red transfer paper and just copy the design you already made in the comfortable medium of digital for you.
>>
>>2325265
Lol no.
>>2324238
Go get you some anitas craft permanent acrylic. It's cheap, comes in a variety of colors, and won't wear, fade, or yellow with regular use. Also get you some clear coat acrylic sealant. Craft kind, not the artists kind.
>>
>>2324238
Check out some acrylic paint markers
>>
>>2325288
Cept no sharpie brand paint markers, The flow is inconsistent, the tips break and dry up almost immediately.
>>
File: spoodermang.jpg (105 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
spoodermang.jpg
105 KB, 960x540
>>2324238
If I plan on using acrylics, I tend to coat the canvas areas with an acrylic primer (black or white depending on the colour of shoe). This will make your coats more opaque and gives the paints something to better bind to. You can either use a paintbrush, if you're confident enough, or go for the acrylic marker option. Molotow do some good, affordable acrylic markers.
Once I'm finished I use a couple coats of spray on varnish.

If I use marker pens, I tend to use a mix of Copics (sketch/ciao and black multiliners) and staedtler triplus fineliners. Try to work quick with these or they will naturally bleed into the fabric. I don't prime the shoes with anything if I'm working with markers. Once I've finished the shoes I use (Lundmark) bees wax to coat the areas I've worked on. I find if you use spray or paint on sealers/varnish the chemicals can distort your inks.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.