[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it that you draw in your personal work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Snapchat-76796983310363587.jpg (301 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-76796983310363587.jpg
301 KB, 720x1280
I've had this issue for quite some time, in both my writing and in my art. There's literally nothing that I want to express or share in my art. Right now, I've picked up the pencil again and I'm just sharpening my skills but I can't finish a piece because I've nothing to communicate. What I could share (my current struggles) I don't care to put on paper (doesn't help me get through it, it actually makes it worse).

What is it that you guys draw for your own sake and not for someone else's eyes?
>>
For me expressing the beauty of female form is so exciting and intriguing of a task that I finish everything I do. You need to find something that excites you and make you passionate about drawing.
>>
>>2323956
Rendering the female form--well, mainly the face--used to be a special draw of mine, but somewhere along the line I've been more interested in the inner workings of women, and that is something I have yet to know how to translate on paper effectively.
>>
I have my own story which I'd love to turn into webcomic one day so for me it is not hard. If i am not drawing that I am drawing my mental problems, I am depressive and hallucinate, so you know.
But for you it sounds like you just have some kind of weird imagination block. Try to draw many different things and find something that you like. Maybe try drawing illustrations for some stories? They are easier because you have written what to draw but still you need to use your imagination. Get a book you love and draw main characters or something.Or movie/animation/whatever you like.
>>
>>2323967
It's funny because I once made something of a rough comic as kind-of an inside joke with my friends, but the fun for me came from coming up with the jokes and the context, rather than any particular object I was drawing. I'll just have to find something I find intriguing enough.
>>
>>2324007
If you found it funny, then maybe try doing something like diary? Drawing what happened today or illustrating jokes and situation from life?
>>
I wouldn't say I think "I want to express this and that" whwn I create something. It's more like an unconcious thing, I see something over here, read about something else, and get ideas influenced by these things together but not completely conciously. Sorry if this sounds pretentious but I don't know how else to explain it. Right now I'm really interested in "faking" images and materials, like making an oil painting look like spray paint or making a crowbar out of wood. I guess some of it comes from my fascination in Hollywood sets where you have entire bookshelves made out of book backs that resembles real books. I like how they build entire houses and even neighborhoods that aren't supposed to function in any real way, they're just made to look convincing. Same thing with model houses or apartments for sale. I mean, no real person has a bowl of lemon standing on their kitchen table (but it raises the value of an apartment by €5000 a real estate agent told me). Stuff like that intriuges me and it influences me. I can't really talk about the meaning or the art itself because I think that's completely individual, but I can talk about everything surrounding it and behind it.
>>
I'm a history geek so I paint medieval shit
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.