[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to improve my drawings of people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (398 KB, 313x550) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
398 KB, 313x550
I'm 19 but I feel like I draw like a 14-year-old. Here is a drawing I did of APH Switzerland (>inb4 Hetalia is for teens/nobody watches Hetalia anymore). I feel like his arms look unnatural. How can I improve my drawing?
>>
By reading the sticky, practicing fundamentals and time.
>>
You should learn proportions, figure, anatomy, folds/wrinkes/clothing, perspective and lighting, it's a long way to learn all these things, requires time, passion and so on.
>>
>>2322903
>>2322910
Anything more specific about my specific pic?
>>2322949
What blog?
>>
This is pretty good op. Do you have a blog?
>>
File: 234523455.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
234523455.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>2322957
>>
>>2322956
That's basically what your knowledge is lacking, if you learn proportions you'll know better the size of the parts of the body, figure will help you get used to the line of the body and stuff, anatomy will give you a deeper knowledge on everything, from face to feet, the perspective and lighting will make your drawing have depth and realism.
>>
>>2322968
It's funny, but it's also called positive reinforcement, a compliment, a reward will reinforce a behavior, making it pleasurable, so the individual will keep on doing it, that along with giving the right steps to follow will lead to a more natural and healthy habit, that may one day lead to a happy good artist.
otherfag here btw
>>
>>2322956

All his suggestions are relevant to your picture, you need to improve in everything. Consult the sticky, go to the beginner thread, stop using lined paper, the usual.

And the blog is someone asking for where you post your art, probably facetiously because he's been doing it every thread.
>>
>>2322971

The problem is when you offer positive reinforcement for a bad habit and you reinforce him drawing like shit because he thinks he's doing fine.

Also positive reinforcement is just introducing a stimulus (it doesn't actually need to be a nice stimulus) to enforce a behaviour. If calling him shit makes him work to improve that is also positive reinforcement.
>>
>>2322998
I understand that, that's why i said that if you make him/her work on improving, showing the right steps, but also reinforcing the habit to a point where there is no more need to do so is quite more rewarding.
>>
>>2323066
btw, if he ever feel punished, he may not stop drawing, he may just stop showing his work to the specific punisher.
>>
>>2323066
>>2323070

I propose what this man needs is a strong electric shock to be delivered every time he thinks of drawing on lined paper and posting it. A little conditioning would do him good.
>>
>>2323083
LOL, that would be a good way to free us from shit posters
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.