[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spray paint art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
You guys in to these?
Started about 6 months ago and really got into it.

Here's some work
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Il post more tomorrow
>>
Cool stuff OP...
>>
Looks like any of the other dogshit sold by homeless people on the street with spray paint, pan lids and newspapers. But that's my opinion I guess.
>>
>>2322818
Agreed. this is all shit trash and literally worthless.
>>
bob ross meets some space landscapes, not bad
>>
Generic mass produced shit that I like the look of, it's a real palette refresher to view in between other pieces of artwork.

You've also helped me decide on cover art for some sci-fi pulp fiction novels I'm writing.
>>
Honestly these pieces are way smoother and cooler than the one you'd find in the streets. I recognize some tricks you've used but at least you seem to understand what you're doing
>>
>>2322806
I really like this one, I feel with airbrush art you have to go as surreal alien landscape as possible.

You've inspired me to take up airbrushing OP.
>>
>>2322818
this. kitsch garbage thats more generic and easily produced than any bob ross landscape.
>>
If you want to do kitsch OP, thats fine. It's a craft, just like the concept art that makes out the majority of /ic/. But I don't know how you want us to critique them?
>>
>>2324065
Was more seeing if people around here did some of these or liked them.
Oh well
>>
File: IMG_2252[1].jpg (334 KB, 1190x784) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2252[1].jpg
334 KB, 1190x784
yo, no offence but this shit is easy as fuck to do, anyone can do it with an hour of good instruction
>>
just a reminder that bob ross is exactly the same concept - a gimmick used to make kitchy stuff
>>
>>2322800
I personally don't like most spray paint art, because it (mostly) looks like someone went into photoshop and threw a bunch of shit together.

>>2322802
and
>>2322805
are my favorites due to their simplicity, detail, and color palette.

I think you should sink some time into learning perspective, color theory, and what good composition is.
Most of the scenes just seem too static and cluttered.
Try creating some flow, dial back the number of objects that are present in a given scene, give them a dynamic presence other than up right and circle, and play with perspective.

>>2324885
Do you sell any of your work, or do you just make these for fun?
>>
>>2326226
Seems cut and paste
>>
I'd love to see a subtle spray paint version of ones of these. I don't like when they fucking throw in four "planets", galaxies, shooting stars, stars, wonky ass trees, etc.

Show me a sumi-e style spray paint.
>>
Saw a guy doing this last time I was in Poland. It looks fun, don't really hate it despite how easy it is
>>
>>2322802
if the perspective and background trees weren't shit, and if the planet had some form i'd really like this
>>
>>2326267
I've sold a handful.
Didnt know there was a market for these where i live but people love to throw money at them. Especially on canvas.

Im still learning, thanks for the advice.

Im more so learning other teqhniques of painting along with it. My newest ones are mostly brushes and take a decent amount of time.

Still learning highlights and shadows, as well as every aspect of art.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.