[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever draw for friends and family, /ic/? Do you let them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: This counts as a present.jpg (47 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
This counts as a present.jpg
47 KB, 500x320
Do you ever draw for friends and family, /ic/?
Do you let them check your sketchbooks/portfolios?
What kind of reviews do you get from them?
Do you think they're lying?
>>
>>2318914
Usually show my work to my grandparents for criticism because they can always see something wrong in it.
>>
>>2318914
My sister says everything I do either "sucks" or "is not that good". Lol, I'm a professional illustrator biiitch! But, you know, teenagers.

My dad will try to give honest critique, but every time he points out an issue, he backtracks, saying, 'but i don't know about art, etc'.
>>
>>2318914
my dad tells me my art is shit and to stop wasting my time painting
>>
>>2321316
Good dad. Now you have a reason to fight for it and will probably become a success.
>>
A friend wants a drawing as a christmas present.

What do? :|
>>
>>2321324
draw them something. DId they mention what they wanted? If not, just do a portrait.
>>
I'm drawing something for my mother this Christmas because she constantly says that she wants me to draw our dog and I couldn't think of anything else she wanted. I still feel a little weird about it, though.
>>
>>2321324
im doing the same thing. pick a character you know they like and draw it.

got shit on by an anon in the drawthread but oh well lol
>>
>>2321376
>>2321500

but i know itll suck, because i suck. the problem is they will like it :|
>>
>>2321324
draw them a penis with a christmas ribbon around it, and two christmas bells sitting in front of where the balls would be.

make it look like "snow" is forming in a pile at the base, over the bells.

put a fancy wreath in the background too, maybe some subtle snow flakes.
>>
>>2321509
If they'll like it, what's the problem? Don't let your self-loathing and fear stop you from doing something nice.
>>
>>2321509
just do it man, im too poor to really afford gifts, so art is just a cheap way of doing something, but it shows effort aha.
>>
File: 1423971657350.jpg (45 KB, 375x550) Image search: [Google]
1423971657350.jpg
45 KB, 375x550
>>2318914
I don't show my parents my drawings because I draw anime and I don't want to dishonor my parents.

Hiding your power lever is hard.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.