[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brush issue with Paint Tool sai (also affects photoshop)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: issue.png (203 KB, 1181x1181) Image search: [Google]
issue.png
203 KB, 1181x1181
I'm having an issue with my brushes, no matter what the settings are. There's rings appearing as if they are not transitioning smoothly. This makes coloring drawings extremely difficult/annoying.

In the image below I've drawn a line with a soft brush both with my mouse and my tablet. The settings i'm using should be irrelevant as i have not changed them for months now and the issue was not there until yesterday.
>>
>>2318681
Set brush spacing less than 5%
>>
fucking lol, a noob and a retard at its finest.
>>
>>2318713

nice one bro
>>
You cannot set Brush spacing in SAI as far as I know. You can only do it in photoshop and I did change it to 1% in there, which made no difference.
>>
>>2318681
Does this happen at all brushes sizes? It happens to me when I use a huge brush. It is very taxing on the computer.
>>
Yeah it happens with all brush sizes. I basically cannot do shading for any drawings now because it all looks blurry and full of random "noise" on the edges. I used to have this problem in the past, reinstalled windows, it was gone, now it's back. There's no brush spacing in SAI so that's not the issue either.
>>
>>2318816
Try changing the "Quality" to a higher number under Advanced Settings.
>>
I've actually tried that and none of them make a difference sadly.
>>
>>2318821
Maybe a tablet driver issue? Though if it happens with your mouse too then maybe not. Weird stuff. Just paint more opaquely for the moment I guess.
>>
Yeah that's why it's so messed up. It's affecting my mouse so it definitely has nothing to do with the tablet. I've never been able to find out what is the cause of the issue.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.