[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not producing things you want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: juju.gif (902 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
juju.gif
902 KB, 500x272
I've been working on my drawing for some 3-4 years, and at the beginning I didn't really have a method and I haven't really been disciplined throughout, and it shows on my work.

So right now I'm back to studying from books and working on my drawing skills, however I'm not having fun drawing anymore. I mean, I know studies aren't supposed to be fun, but when I go and try to draw the things I want to draw, it's more frustrating than anything.

I just don't like what I draw anymore, and it doesn't make me want to draw and I don't know how long it'll be til I draw fun/am complacent with what I produce.
>>
>>2318275
If you look up some great concept artists it sometimes helps, if you don't feel terrible by comparing their work to your current skill. Perhaps you need to build up your imagination from influence, like watching movies, playing vidya, or boredom google image searches helps a lot.
>>
>>2318275
>however I'm not having fun drawing anymore. I mean, I know studies aren't supposed to be fun, but when I go and try to draw the things I want to draw, it's more frustrating than anything.

I'm actually in the same boat, so don't worry about feeling alone.
>>
>thinking you're an artist even though you have no interest in drawing

Just do something else already.
>>
Since child I've always drawn when bored

I can't do that anymore, cuz it's a pain in the ass. I have to force myself everyday, everytime.

Not too many moments of fun while painting or drawing. :(
>>
File: ali quote.png (237 KB, 500x429) Image search: [Google]
ali quote.png
237 KB, 500x429
I'm starting to get better (finally) and it's starting to get fun. Don't give up, fampai.
>>
File: Untitled-8.jpg (106 KB, 995x827) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-8.jpg
106 KB, 995x827
>>2318829
Before anyone asks here's what I drew last. I feel that the more imaginative drawing becomes intuitive for me the more I'll enjoy drawing. I'm still pretty bad and it's been hell all the way up to this point, but I think I'm reaching the point that I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh5S3OxiE-s
>>
File: motivation5.jpg (95 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
motivation5.jpg
95 KB, 900x506
>>2318829
Just a phase, It will get better.
Keep at it and you will be rewarded.
>>
>>2318275
Quit crying and draw fagget
>>
>>2318829
i absolutely hate faggots like you who post this kinda of inspirational shit. Ali is one example out of billions of fucking people. You're not exceptional just because you're willing to practice at something for a long period of time, or if you're willing to struggle on something. you will more than likely stay shit and never achieve anything that great. Just accept it, you're fucking delusional.
>>
>>2318275
>>2318783
I'm in the same boat, I think at least.

I have things I love drawing but reached a wall because I had never bothered learning anything. Now I'm reading learning books but I feel like I cannot relate to what's inside at all. I don't plan on giving up though.
>>
>>2318954
I sense some projection anon.
>>
>>2318829
He became a champion at the cost of his own mental health. Is he really someone who should be looked up to?
>>
>>2318275
listen e, the thing is that you have to understand this feeling.
frustration is a feeling all artists share. It can come from anything like comparison, not enough practice, wanting to do things fast...

and the thing is that there's no secret in how to approach this feeling. frustration comes with art but you can learn to overcome frustration by getting used to the feeling until you don't notice it anymore.

practice your basics. practice practice practice, and then practice some more.

try it again, it doesn't matter if you don't like it. do something that comes easy to you. do something that it's out of your comfort zone a little later.

but do something.
anything

an artist needs to be in constant making.

the difference between an artist and a person who wants to be an artist is that the artist keeps going on.

you will overcome this if you keep going.
trust me
it happened to me too
>>
File: later homo.jpg (75 KB, 464x447) Image search: [Google]
later homo.jpg
75 KB, 464x447
>>2318954
>emphasizing the specific person instead of the sentiment

Anyone that does anything is one example out of billions of people you saucer tits babydick nihilist faggot retard .
>>
File: 1315597563150.jpg (28 KB, 155x202) Image search: [Google]
1315597563150.jpg
28 KB, 155x202
>>2318954
how's your art coming along anon
>>
>>2319012
Trust me mate. The guy who needs the inspirational stuff is more likely the perpetual beginner.
>>
you developed your taste, knowledge and observational skills to the point, where you see how much you need to grow to be adequate

now's the time you close the skill gap, no whining
>>
File: 1679.png (65 KB, 600x720) Image search: [Google]
1679.png
65 KB, 600x720
Anyone like this?

I don't like nor want to draw male characters, I only want to draw females, yet I feel like I'm forced to learn how to draw males.

Would it be a bad idea to skip those and just focus on drawing female characters?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.