[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys have any recommendations when it comes to learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: CelticCastle.jpg (1 MB, 1134x1700) Image search: [Google]
CelticCastle.jpg
1 MB, 1134x1700
Do you guys have any recommendations when it comes to learning how to place an angle?
I've been trying to do scenery, etc, and I've learned perspective. I've taken architecture classes, and have read architecture books for 'the artist', but I'm really having trouble with placing where the viewer would be.

Are there any books, tutorials on that area?
>>
>>2318177
The viewer's eyes are where the horizon is
>>
>>2318372
Yeh, got that. Now if the viewer is lying on their stomach looking up at a tower?
>>
>>2318543
The horizon would still be at eye level. There would be a new vanishing point that the upright planes of the tower would recede to; it would a 3-point perspective image at this point.
>>
>>2318543

>>2318372 is simply not true. The horizon is not always where the viewers eyes are. For them to say such a thing is astonishingly misinformed.

My #1 recommendation is to just draw a cube. It doesn't have to be perfect - just a crude, simple cube that you use as a guide. Cubes are easy to imagine at different angles, and all object can fit into one. With the angle of the cube down, you'll have a much better idea of how to approach whatever tough angle you need to draw from.
>>
>>2318550

Uh can you explain how the horizon is not at the eye level of the viewer? Everything I've read says it is. Like if you are in a plane the horizon is still at your eye level that's why you look down at everything, everything is below the horizon. If your lying on the ground you're looking up at everything, everything is above the horizon.
>>
>>2318550

Give me an example of a horizon not at eye level, unless we're talking some really bizarre lovecraft tier perspective.
>>
File: 50-51.jpg (1 MB, 2007x1470) Image search: [Google]
50-51.jpg
1 MB, 2007x1470
>>2318543
This feels relevant.
>>
>>2318582
I'm still just finding it difficult to place everything in the scene.
I want two figures, one closer to the camera and the other a bit further, but they'd be no more than 3ft away from each other. Behind the furthest figure is a fence, 20 ft tall the most. Behind that fence would be a tower.

The viewers perspective would be at the. bottom right of the page, from a distance, as if eavesdropping.
>>
wtf looks like some kind of place in skyrim
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.