[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the level that you need to be to get work as an arti
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Pu0OojV.jpg (1 MB, 4410x2610) Image search: [Google]
Pu0OojV.jpg
1 MB, 4410x2610
Is this the level that you need to be to get work as an artist? This guy got a year long contract to work for a tabletop games company.

http://imgur.com/a/n7wPz
>>
>>2318028
He probably got paid pennies
>>
>>2318028
Sir, are you trying to pull my leg?
>>
>>2318028

art directors sons brother. and got paid pennies.
>>
>>2318028
Pretty shit to be honest, but good for him.
>>
File: image.jpg (587 KB, 1649x2549) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
587 KB, 1649x2549
lolwut

He got paid for this??
>>
The facial expressions are fucking awful. They are either dissonant or complete shit. Design wise it looks like he sourced everything a LotR Art Book and a Star Wars Art Book. Only credibility it has is in it's complexity. Still a shit show.
>>
>>2318074
Directors sons brother WTF
>>
>>2318287
Director's son's brother's mother's daughter's uncle's nephew.
>>
>>2318074
So... The director's other son.

Fucking anon.
>>
His humanoids are terrible but his watercolors are pretty good.
>>
File: lu_chiu_yueh_700_05.jpg (461 KB, 831x1314) Image search: [Google]
lu_chiu_yueh_700_05.jpg
461 KB, 831x1314
>>2318287
>>2318292
>almost the next current year
>bitches don't know about sworn brothers
>still haven't performed any oath of fraternity
ISHYGDDT.
>>
Last I recall, bad tabletop games companies will always give you money for the shittiest art. That or try to get free art out of you. They can't afford decent artists and are desperate. People who start video game companies and have no idea what they're doing are the exact same experience as bad tabletop companies. The pay is really bad (unless they're stupid) and you feel like garbage for associating with garbage, even if you're garbage to begin with. It's like immortalizing your garbage with their garbage and creating an eternal trash hill in a corner of the internet that never goes anywhere and reminds you of how unbelievable most people who start game companies are. And your name is associated with that trash forever. I do not recommend.

If it's a decent company it's another story of course, but getting a job with a garbage company is really not that difficult or worth it.
>>
>>2318028
Thank you for showing this, if its true that this artist works for pennies I might hire him. Im no artist but his stuff looks pretty cool and im digging the cartoony style.
Even if he asks for more I will probably oblige, since this guy got hired by some companies already, theres got to be something in his art eh?
>>
>>2318515
:^)
>>
>>2318028
the lighting and coloring is absolutely passable but it's like he has no understanding of form. how is that even possible
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.