[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats a better buy? Old Cintiq 21ux or UC Logic monitor tablets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: this requires a $2000 tablet.jpg (43 KB, 580x669) Image search: [Google]
this requires a $2000 tablet.jpg
43 KB, 580x669
Whats a better buy?

Old Cintiq 21ux or UC Logic monitor tablets like Yiynova?
>>
>>2317191
>this is actually how what's his name does dilbert

fuck's sake, why not just copy paste assets like CAD
>>
>>2317252
I hope it's not his actual workflow and was done just for the photo. It wouldn't be the first time an artist poses next to their art with a fake workflow because it makes a nice photo for a newspaper.
>>
I bought a 21ux,and it broke after 2 weeks of usage
Buy an Intous or save up for atleast a 22hd
>>
>>2317264

Fucking this. The amount of times I was misled as a kid by photos/videos of artists at work which were essentially fake. You get a very false impression of the workflow of artists.

Thread derailed.
>>
>>2317264
>>2317568
Noob here, how is his workflow bad? Just the fact that its pointless because the art could be easily copy pasted or what?
>>
>>2317644
Pretty much yeah. He would save a lot of time and energy if he just copied/pasted. He could have a few different body positions, heads, expressions, etc and use a modular type thing where he builds it from pieces. Would save a lot of work and look he same. He's also doing a final linework overtop of what looks like an already final linework. It's just incredibly inefficient.
>>
>>2317649
dilbert's character designs are so simple I wonder if copy and pasting would actually save time in this case, especially given his experience in drawing them

seems like having to search for the right character/pose/expression then positioning them in the right place in the panel would limit creative possibilities without much improvement to speed, and it'd be a whole lot more boring
>>
>>2317656
that's a good point, but it still doesn't justify using a cintiq IMO
>>
>>2317656
For the most part though they're in the same poses throughout the entire comic, so drawing each character once then copy pasting would do the trick.
However considering how short the comics were, and how there may be multiple characters appearing in different panels as well as having to erase, it might be faster just to draw it by hands.
Regardless this picture was probably done for picture sake. But considering how much he does draw this comic the drawing it on a cintiq probably does save time overall and is a worthwhile investment for him.
>>
>>2317861

funfact: the guy who does dilbert suffers from really bad arthritis/carpal tunnel or some shit and he only has a cintiq because it's easier on his wrist
>>
im pretty sure da vinci used a monoprice
>>
>>2317920
>has serious arthritis and carpal tunnel
>still drawing fro a living
what a man.
>>
>>2317926
>sacrifices body and health for dilbert of all things
>>
>>2317926
oh, he's also a massive asshole
but yeah, digital (when done right, like posture and all that other bullshit) can help relieve wrist problems if that's a thing that plagues anybody here
>>
>>2317931
Digital can also create wrist problems. See: Algenpfleger.
>>
>>2317934
yeah, basically if any of your heavily used methods involves constant wrist motion you're fucked in the long run ;-;
>>
File: Fall evening gondola.png (13 KB, 736x547) Image search: [Google]
Fall evening gondola.png
13 KB, 736x547
On the topic of Dilbert, the guy just copy pastes and draws over them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFqYokJNzHg

on the topic of tablets

Seriously guys, Cintiq 21UX or UC Logic
And of all the UC logic knockoffs, which is the least shitty?
>>
>>2317934
>Digital can also create wrist problems. See: Algenpfleger.
Had to chuckle IRL. That guy is a fraud hack and probably made his wrist problems up to get more patreon bucks
>>
>>2318632
Damn, what a visionary. He was planning his patreon strategy years before patreon existed!
>>
>>2318632
how is he a fraud?
>>
>>2318635
His entire workflow is full of bullshit, he misleads other and especially aspiring artists on purpose with giving them wrong advice.
He's an asshole and a proven liar.
>>
>>2318644
topkek the delusions are strong in you
>>
File: even_possible_aliens.gif (2 MB, 480x271) Image search: [Google]
even_possible_aliens.gif
2 MB, 480x271
>>2318632
>>2318634
His wrist problem IS real, but you're not entirely incorrect in calling him a fraud. In fact, many generations ago his ancestors decided to selectively breed the trait of wrist problems into their family, so that their descendants could claim more patreon bucks when the time was ripe.
>>
>>2318666
Im his father. I actually fell in love with a beautiful young girl when i was in college. we were soulmates. sadly she had near-perfect wrists and I could not throw away generations of hard work and ended up leaving her. I had to marry a brittle wristed ugly woman to keep the scheme going.
>>
What's a decent knock off cintiq?
>>
>>2318900
This is now a Dilbert thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mxitw5DjwE
>>
>OP asks a specific question
>25 post later
>Everything but what OP asked about
kek. Stay classy /ic/
>>
>>2318941
So yeah... never heard of Yiynova before, is it good?
>>
>>2318121
>>2318632
Ugh, don't forget he is a misognystic sexist shitlord
http://comicsalliance.com/scott-adam-sexist-mens-rights/
I can't even
>>
>>2319111
That's pretty hilarious but he really is an asshole overall.
I mean I'm all for calling women bitches and all that nonsense, but men are just as stupid,
>>
>>2319111
Jesus Christ that fucking article. Is literally every non-explicitly subversive website in the hand of SJWs at this point? What the fuck.
>>
>>2317191
msp19u is an amazing tablet. You can get one for like $350 new while you won't be able to find a used cintiq for less than $1500.
>>
>>2319121
>>2319131
Comicsalliance is the kotaku of comic books
>>
File: 1449344609148.jpg (44 KB, 647x435) Image search: [Google]
1449344609148.jpg
44 KB, 647x435
>>2319134
Are yiynova drivers as shitty as Huion? I can't use like 70% of art and modeling programs because of how terrible they are.
Huion uses their own custom drivers BTW.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.