[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure if this warrants its own thread by this board'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: 4chan_ic_pose-maniacs-02.png (454 KB, 1422x1080) Image search: [Google]
4chan_ic_pose-maniacs-02.png
454 KB, 1422x1080
Not sure if this warrants its own thread by this board's standards*, but free stuff so imma post it anyway:

I did a siterip of Pose Maniacs, the popular figure drawing tool. Mega link below.

Each of their 1130 poses is just a sequence of 36 JPEGS stuck in a clunky, unresponsive SWF viewer.

Shitty viewer kinda defeats the purpose of the site, IMO.
So I wrote a script to pull out all the stills and reorganize them.

Added a "previews" folder with just the first image of every sequence.
Too many images to fuck with contact sheets so don't even go there.

Total unzipped size is around 1 GB.

https://mega dot nz/#!LB0hGDAQ!G4Ev6DzRvPoK-jDe9XcQYmHSeV1-0BT4WJ9N-Fwa_Qw

*also might not be around for the next sharethread, so if somebody could throw this into the mix for the next one that'd be nice
>>
>>2317106
This is great. Thx for taking the time and sharing
>>
>>2317106

I applaud you for your effort but posemanics is gay in every way.
>>
>>2317116
It has its uses. I don't often refer to it but it can help point me in the right direction sometimes.
>>
>>2317116
I'm a wannabe-scientist first, a dev second, a freelance graphic designer like fourth or fifth, and an illustrator nth.

(seriously, i fucking suck so hard at drawing it's almost criminal)

So this sort of thing is both useful to me and the tip of the tip of the iceberg in terms of my datahoarding.

I have so many creative resources to get loaded up into torrents and seeded it's fucking stupid, including lots of stuff I know nobody else has.

I may also be taking over the Complete Marvel Chronology soon, so fun times all-around.
>>
>>2317116
>but posemanics is gay in every way.
Not at all
>>
>>2317134
how difficult would it be for you to write a script to pull the images off www.wga!hu ? It takes me so long to get all the images from a single artist off there
>>
fantastic, i've longed for a rip
>>
>>2317143
trivial, already scraping the entire site.

not sure how long that's gonna take (didn't even check to see how large the site's footprint is), so no promises on how soon I'll get it uploaded.

But it'll be an index of directories alphabetized by last name.

images + artists' accompanying dat files (no idea what's even in those, didn't check)
>>
>>2317157
Looks like this is gonna have to be split up over multiple VPN nodes.

Hate it when sites try to stop a single IP from mirroring them, like that ever stopped anyone.

(Posting from phone cuz vpn's banned)
>>
>>2317157
holy shit thanks man!
>>
>>2317179
You're fine with just the assets (i.e. images), right?

The subdirectory structure for each artist relates to how their bios/periods are broken up, but I cba to grab the accompanying text too right now.
>>
>>2317182
yeah that'd be so great. ty in advance
>>
>>2317183
You'll check back here at some point for a link, yeah? Don't wanna spam with another dedicated thread
>>
>>2317187
I will forsure man. not gonna miss this chance
>>
>>2317189
Coolio, just hit 200MB on last name /b/, so pretending names are distributed evenly throughout the alphabet expect this to come to 2.5+ GB decompressed.

Would you (and y'all) prefer multi-part mega links for stuff this size, or a torrent via my seedbox? Latter will download stupid fast but be more ephemeral.
>>
>>2317192
hey whatever works for you. Ill grab it either way
>>
>>2317192
still here if you gotit
>>
>>2317511
5.15 GB zipped, just gotta wait on my shit upload speed to my seedbox now.
>>
>>2317511
check back later, upload's getting throttled to fuck and i just lost a 60% transfer
>>
>>2317564
k awesome thx again
>>
>>2317572
ayyy, it finally uploaded to Mega.

Had to ditch the seedbox idea, internet's just too shit today.

Mega's pretty good with segmented / resumable downloads for large files, so I don't think you'll have a problem. But if you just can't snatch this in one go, lemme know and I'll split it up.

Enjoy:

https://mega dot nz/#!qEMWhZBZ!c0RFSuuBaGnPX1O-IfBrg7A6CyedBkGP9ZeP7S_ZS34
>>
>>2317833
Hey! Thanks man! Grabbing it right now
>>
>>2317843
Have fun with their bizarre renaming scheme for last-name collisions.

If you feel like making fixing it into babby's first Dive Into Python script, the full

LASTNAME, Firstname <then some basic bio info>

is in the first line of each info.dat file nested directly under the top level of the artist name directory. (not the ones further into the directory, which describe images and shit).

...outside of some dumbass arbitrary exceptions like a family of dutch painters I happened to notice, that is.

Still regular enough for babby's first python script, though.
>>
>>2317833
Holy fuck. this is awesome. So grateful buddy. Ty again.
>>
>>2317958
You've saved me so much time.
>>
File: 22study.jpg (154 KB, 1200x816) Image search: [Google]
22study.jpg
154 KB, 1200x816
>>2317833
bumping with a couple of good drawings included

raphael
>>
File: 4study1.jpg (109 KB, 589x850) Image search: [Google]
4study1.jpg
109 KB, 589x850
>>2317967
arcimboldo
>>
File: 06misc.jpg (107 KB, 1000x711) Image search: [Google]
06misc.jpg
107 KB, 1000x711
>>2317969
michelangelo
>>
File: 07head_s.jpg (76 KB, 700x839) Image search: [Google]
07head_s.jpg
76 KB, 700x839
>>2317976
grunewald
>>
File: 18drawin.jpg (171 KB, 906x1062) Image search: [Google]
18drawin.jpg
171 KB, 906x1062
>>2317977
rubens

anyway thx again OP
>>
File: 610david.jpg (169 KB, 1024x841) Image search: [Google]
610david.jpg
169 KB, 1024x841
>>2317979
david
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.