[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I always really struggle with rendering, especially smooth skin.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: rendering help.jpg (939 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
rendering help.jpg
939 KB, 2448x2448
I always really struggle with rendering, especially smooth skin. I was told not to blend because it ruins the tooth of the paper, however i find it really hard to do continuous shading while minding the surface planes without being able to see lines. Do you have any rendering tips?
>>
>>2316939
go away
>>
File: 1390827859594.jpg (68 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1390827859594.jpg
68 KB, 500x500
>>2316946

That was fast.

Wish I could help OP, but I don't work much with pencil. Hopefully someone less retarded than this guy will come along.
>>
>>2316948
well appreciated anyway.
>>
You r doing good. Don't be so damn heavy handed though. Build light to dark.
>>
>>2316939
MEDIOCRE !
>>
>>2317037
okay. still that doesn't answer my question. you missed the point.
>>
>>2317048
that doesent excuse you failing to get dubs in order to get to valhalla, warboy!
>>
>>2316939
Finish your work and then comeback, you lazy fuck.
>>
>>2317067
fair enough
>>
>>2316939
ive been using like mechanical pencils from walmart and that kind of seems to get pretty good gradations because it can get precise and you can avoid the tooth of the paper offsetting the grain. Idk look into the stuff davinci used like silver pencils thats what im probably going to get next when i get some money
>>
>>2317048
>missed the reference
>>
Should be in the draw thread or beginners thread.
I think your problem is you're not accurately putting down the shade (same could be said for the facial placement and anatomy) so draw what you see and try not to draw too long without looking back and comparing.
Do this enough time and you'll be able to do it from imagination
>>
>>2316939
For starters stop using basic bitch iconography as reference. Use greek marble statues.
>>
>>2317240
How do you shade like that with pencil?
>>
>>2317240
Tutorial pls
>>
>>2317547
It hardly matters what he uses or reference. He's just trying to understand how to blend pencil.

OP. Try layering different grades of pressure over each other. Try to have your lines flow across the face as if it where a 3D object.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.