[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Programs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Not limited to these.png (83 KB, 600x236) Image search: [Google]
Not limited to these.png
83 KB, 600x236
What program do you use? Why do you use those over the others? I personally use Sai over any others because of the stabilizer options. It's good for people like me who can't seem to keep their damn hand steady. I usually set it to 10 for lining and 2-5 for sketching.
>>
>>2316252
Is MS5's stabilizer as good?
>>
>>2316261
It's about the same thing, but it has a 1-100 bar that you just a enter a number in. It's probably for more experienced artists who would like a wider ranger of smooth lines. I don't use it as much as I use to so I don't know what has changed in the newer versions. I'd say it's a bit better when it comes to variety. Sai just grew on me over time.
>>
>>2316252
SAI because it's lightweight and PS because it's industry standard and there are loads of tuts for it. I learned to paint with ctrl paint so I got used to it.
>>
Can manga studio do chromatic aberration?
>>
>>2316313
yeah
i believe so
>>
>>2316252
I've used photoshop for 12 years, SAI for 3 years, and bought Clip Studio Paint on january.
I haven't booted up photoshop or SAI since january. CSP is as fast as SAI and almost as customizable and deep as PS.
>>
>>2316336
I can't figure it out.
>>
>>2316336
How?
>>2316676
Same.
>>
>>2316336
>>2316676
>>2316684
OP here. I've looked through the program (which is a very old version without plugins) and it does not have it.

I don't know what >>2316313 is thinking about, but the older/oldest version does not let you. Again I don't use Manga Studio at all anymore so I could be fucking up here. Mind telling me how you do it, anon?

In the mean time I think I'll try and find some nice programs to post about here. I need to try and find a program that can spin the canvas and has a stabilizer option. Sai is an extremely reliable program for those who like simplicity, but I may need to upgrade. I use Photoshop half the time too.
>>
>>2317104
Oops. I fucked up. The fourth post link is supposed to be >>2316336
>>
My understanding was that SAI no longer has developer support, while Manga Studio offers everything SAI does and more. Am I wrong?
>>
>>2317109
No you're not wrong. Sai just grew on me and Manga Studio is a little too good for me. I don't know how to explain it other than it's just too different for me to just change. I might switch. Would you highly recommend me switching?
>>
File: toys.jpg (5 KB, 206x88) Image search: [Google]
toys.jpg
5 KB, 206x88
I play with all of them.
>>
MS5 is great, really does everything i need when it comes to drawing. It's the only program with good lines imo, most programs just feel too stiff and unnatural
>>
>>2317113
Haven't used Sai but i recently bought manga studio 5 during a 70% off sale. That sale may or may not still be going. I think I'll make ms5 my primary program, since I'll probably never afford legit photoshop
>>
Sai doesn't even work for me anymore and im not gonna buy it.
>>
Is anyone comfortable with their Sai? Can I see your settings? I love tool shift, but i can't get it to work as it once was. Now if I let go off the stylus key on the tablet, the tool doesn't shift and i have to reassign it again.
Also, can't make eyedropper pick the color without touching the tablet (i want it to pick while hovering the tablet in realtime)
>>
>>2318025
Also, what buttons are assigned to your stylus?
>>
p-please respond
>>
I started with Sai, moved to Manga Studio, and then moved from there to photoshop.
I liked each while I used it but I wouldn't be able to go back. I got Lazynezumi to compensate because photoshop's brush tracking felt a little more unwieldly, and that made it pretty much as good. I do miss a few of the brushes in Manga Studio, a few blended in ways that photoshop brushes don't, but I think photoshop has enough to offer that I don't want to go back.
If I was less lazy I'd draw in MS and do post-processing in PS though. I just like having everything in one place.
>>
Thoughts on Krita? I downloaded it on a whim and I really like the brush rendering in it. how do you like it in comparison to MS5 or Sai?
>>
>>2318250
>poorfag here
I've never known anything else and it's the best I know
>>
lineart and line doodles in sai/csp

painting in photoshop

i really like csps water brushes though
>>
>>2318250

It's better for painting but the UI is awful and it lags
>>
Anyone's opinion on sketchbook pro? I really like how it allows to have a very fast workflow with all the tools you need one click away.
>>
>>2318919
Most comic book artists use sketchbook pro. Especially for inking. If you feel comfortable, why change?

Anyway, just something I noticed: Most artists, except concept artists usually pick a lineart program (SAI, clip studio, sketchbook pro) + photoshop to paint. If adobe actually put effort in making a good line brush they would kill the competition.
>>
>>2318993
I really don't like how photoshop brushes "feel" maybe I'm just missing something but I think Sai and MS5 handle brushes in a much nicer way
>>
>>2316336
>>2316676
>>2316684
>>2317104
i have an auto-action set for RGB layers/chromatic abberation for CSP (which should work in MS5 too). the action names are in japanese, though.
would you want me to upload it?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.