[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Background Noise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: fun-ear-18334325.jpg (83 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
fun-ear-18334325.jpg
83 KB, 1300x1300
what do you guys listen to while you draw?

i listen to youtube artist streams a lot. i'm on sycras super-streams and they're pretty gr8
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H89AypaH7BM

Mostly instrumentals
>>
>>2315974
the GoT books, I already got through the tales of dunk and egg this way
>>
File: 1333857847185.gif (497 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
1333857847185.gif
497 KB, 500x316
LPers and reviwers
and I don't even like vidya or the things being reviwed that much but the mix of trash talking and random bursts of noise is pretty soothing.
>>
>>2315974
prog rock
mostly pink floyd
>>
99percent invisible
>>
File: fjv9KVf.jpg (138 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
fjv9KVf.jpg
138 KB, 600x900
I've stopped caring about what's in the background.
I've stopped listening entirely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8v6SBrzP-o
>>
>>2316011
wtf is this new copypasta
>>
Is this the thread where we all take up the excuse to masturbate over our own amazing musical taste on the wrong board again?
>>
I usually listen to something related to whatever I'm drawing. Helps me get in the mood.
>>
>>2315974
I rewatch documentaries (like ones about jesus camp or other dumb shit) or vinesauce streams.
>>
>>2316117
why, yes
>>
If I'm studying: instrumental/ambient music

If I'm drawing from imagination: podcasts, tv shows or any music
>>
I always listen to someone talking about something. Like movie review, video game review. etc.
>>
Instrumental music, artist interviews and talk sessions like Level Up, Dota 2 matches and streamers (particularly Purge as he is unobstructive in the way he talks).
>>
I listen to some good ol' prog rock like Yes. The Yes Album and Fragile are perfect albums for these situations.
>>
Sleepycast
>>
Instrumental music
Jim and Them podcast
>>
>>2316396
Seconding this
>>
I wear earplugs while drawing, so just the dull roar of blood flowing in my ears. I get too into music and I live in a noisy home.

I do listen to this when I'm afraid I'm not going to make it, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfnIBnz2_zw
>>
File: unplug.png (1 MB, 848x3024) Image search: [Google]
unplug.png
1 MB, 848x3024
No wonder you all draw like shit when you bombard your brain with so much noise.
>>
Prog mostly. Right now listening to Zappa's One Size Fits All. Sometimes Classical too.

>>2316415
I feel like this reply should've come sooner.
>>
File: 1447152634908.png (647 KB, 1559x992) Image search: [Google]
1447152634908.png
647 KB, 1559x992
You can't listen to people speaking if you want' to be focused, either listen to ambient music or total silence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWIMg04P_V0

Tim hecker works best.
>>
>>2316415
>>2316417

Wait, so more on this. Is it really that much better for drawing when you are not listening to anything? What if I'm just studying? does music really have that much influence over mindless photo referencing?
>>
>>2316442
>You can't listen to people speaking if you want' to be focused, either listen to ambient music or total silence.

oh okay I'm stupid
>>2316712
I'm stupid. I'm going to try silence more
>>
>>2316712
studying is when it's most important to not be doing anything mindlessly. gotta pay attention if you want to learn anything and not be in copy mode
>>
>>2316794
Alright, I'll adjust myself now. Thank you.
>>
>>2316348
>no close to the edge
cmon
>>
>>2315974
Mainly shit like Killswitch Engage and nu metal. I can't draw without noise honestly, it's a motivator. I sit there in silence and try to draw serious stuff and to me I might as well be studying physics and it makes me immediately stop and do something else. But to be fair I'm a subpar aspiring comic book artist who can't focus on anything so yeah.
>>
>>2315974
RT Podcast or any podcast in general.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.