[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Artist Pseudonyms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1_by_zedig-d61zcvr.jpg (71 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1_by_zedig-d61zcvr.jpg
71 KB, 600x600
how does /ic/ recommend coming up with a name to post your work under?

Mine is pretty unfortunate, almost sharing the same name as a well known celebrity. i'd never have a chance at being found through google using my real name

it's the last thing stopping me from posting my work online. pic kinda related
>>
>>2315592
Do you have a nickname people call you? Does your name sound similar to any words? Andrew Jones used Android Jones because it fits his name and his interests. Or just use a middle initial or something and use your real name. If you have a foreign or long name you can shorten it or change it a bit. Frazetta was originally spelled Frazzetta but he changed it because it is more memorable with one z.
>>
>>2315592
Memorability mainly, and maybe something that sounds quirky or has something that fits the kind of art you're doing. Zedig obviously fits his work pretty nicely.
>>
>>2315592
Forgot to mention that a lot of pros picked stupid as fuck online handles and still made it big in the industry. Spoogedemon, Prostate Sunrise, Colepoopface, Mr. Delicious etc. They all switched eventually to their real names though.
>>
I mostly go by a nickname I started giving myself to shorten my real name since its pretty long and having to write it online can be quite hard for people, specially to memorize it. I know two other people with a similar situation that they took part of their last name and just use that.
>>
Just create a nickname that is unique enough and isn't in line with 12year olds' gamer names. Success and recognition is still mostly about hard work.
>>
I started with my favourite color. Added some letters, took away some letters, adjusted it until it sounded somewhat pleasant. My name is now awful and it's too late to change it.
>>
>>2315592
My last name is so rare only about 100 other people have the same last name on the planet.
>>
>>2315797
How do you even find something like that out? I suspect my name is around the same rareness, but I couldn't put a number on it easily.
>>
>>2315592
"Fag" probably works for you
>>
Pick some random numbers.
4 numbers that are easily remembered are the best.
>>
>>2315807
already taken
>>
File: 1448681829883.jpg (6 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
1448681829883.jpg
6 KB, 249x250
>tfw I have the perfectest name and nobody knows it yet but it's a great name and will make me popular as fuck when I'm a bit gooder
>>
>>2315855
draw with jazza is already taken
>>
>>2315855
>gooder
>>
File: 1444598283089.jpg (81 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1444598283089.jpg
81 KB, 1024x1024
>>2315878
>>
>>2315806
google your name anon
>>
>>2316517
My first/last name combo is unique (as far as I know). The last name though is hard to tell how many there are. You would have to search through and count every single family member? What if they don't appear in google?
>>
Mine is just a nickname my asshole friends gave me that stuck
>>
>>2315886
>gooder isn't a word!
>"perfectest" is fine though
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.