[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else unemployed average tier artist who lives in existential
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 5332e1a00329cdd.jpg (393 KB, 960x422) Image search: [Google]
5332e1a00329cdd.jpg
393 KB, 960x422
who else unemployed average tier artist who lives in existential dread about the future here?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (691 KB, 2448x1836) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
691 KB, 2448x1836
>>2315339
Yo.
I'm so scared, I even sabotage the opportunities I do get because I feel like I'm just gonna build myself up for disappointment when it all falls apart anyway.
>>
>>2315342

this is super normal anon. failure is a prerequisite to success. everyone who made blew countless opportunities on their way there.

i've let potentially great opportunities and jobs pass me by never replying to emails. i was so anxious that i waited for so long trying to word it and draft it perfectly, eventually it would have been so late that i chose just not to reply at all. lol.
>>
File: 1418064183039.jpg (43 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
1418064183039.jpg
43 KB, 482x427
>average

I fucking wish...
>>
>>2315348
I had a casual gig for a professional trying to get into book making. I sent him a lot of drawings but then let a lot of time pass and stopped corresponding with him. I've improved since then, now there's no pressure but I don't know if he'd even care at this point, he liked what I showed him but I still I feel inadequate when I share my work.
I think I'll look at the pdf and go above and beyond and draw images for each page. even if he doesn't care anymore I think it'd be good practice and nice to have in my "portfolio" *shrug*
>>
>>2315348
I don't want it to be like this though, man. It can't go on like this. I have someone waiting to commission me who I just haven't even replied back to for like 4 days, and that's not taking into account the other people who were already waiting for commissions. I went and looked at setting up a stream channel and found out I could probably do it all in less than an hour and I just didn't. I just didn't. I set up the actual streaming software and it works, the channel goes live, but I didn't set up everything else even though it looks incredibly easy. What the fuck is wrong with me? How do I get past this shit?
>>
>>2315370
go to a doctor and let them fix it.
>>
>>2315381
It's funny you say that, I actually am being treated for some stuff right now. I wonder if it's really just that. I've been a lot better about accomplishing things since my treatment started. But other people are here having the same motivational problems and I really doubt they're all having the same medical problems as me. Fuck, I just want to be able to draw and do the shit I need to do.
>>
my feels
>I'm starting to get illustration gigs...
>not worked on it the whole morning :/
>client satisfied, I'm not
>family pushin me to get a shitty job, 0 support for freelancing, they can't give any good tips
>burned out this month, too pain to focus
>no more /ic/ neet mode ahead
>meh tier, few decent artworks
>>
>>2315439
Post your best man
>>
File: 1449263272755.jpg (76 KB, 1000x625) Image search: [Google]
1449263272755.jpg
76 KB, 1000x625
>NEET
>study art all the time and keep getting better
>no worries
>>
>lost any motivation to do art
>i am not even good
It hurts to browse this board.
>>
Ever since Manley fucked up CA.org and CGhub went down I kind of lost hope.
>>
>>2315488
CA was fucked anyways. Forums are outdated since the advent of social media.

But I know what you mean, the online art communities have disappeared or gone to shit.
>>
File: 1344359970022.jpg (28 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1344359970022.jpg
28 KB, 400x300
>>2315488
But that happened yeeears ago and you're still here. If you had given up hope you wouldn't be here!
>>
>>2315492
CGHub went down only 1.5 years ago
>>
>>2315493
That's like decades in NEET time, man.
>>
>>2315494
this guy knows whats up

It felt like half a decade ago since cghub went down
>>
>get a decent amount of offers
>only ask for 100 bucks
>not a single follow up

hundreds of cold calls and posting my shit everywhere and I finally gave up. If my stuff isn't even worth a hundred bucks why bother
>>
>>2315535
post your work
>>
>>2315535
If it isn't worth a hundred bucks then work on it and make it worth a thousand. The sky is the limit and space is the place.
>>
I have a problem where I feel like everything I do in life is going to negatively impact me and keep me from being a successful artist. I've been aspiring to be an illustrator since I was in middle school and I think some of the preconceived notions and naive ideas about being a creator, and the world and general, have just carried over from my childhood and I haven't been able to shake them. I feel like I need to be a perfect person in order to stand a chance at having even moderate success.

I scrutinize everything about the way I behave and always wonder if artists whom I admire would be disappointed in me. Whenever I fall into a bad habit I say things to myself like, "you're not a real artist, [insert artist name here] didn't act this way at your age, he/she studied and improved their art. you don't belong in the art world"

feels fucking bad man.
>>
>>2315339
They are all afraid of becoming Tom Preston and Christ chan clones.
>>
>>2315960
taht's pretty kawaii senpai. "your favorite artists would totally hate you for doing this!" don't take yourself too seriously, man
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.