[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im getting prescribed Adderall for my ADHD and was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (200 KB, 498x449) Image search: [Google]
image.png
200 KB, 498x449
Im getting prescribed Adderall for my ADHD and was wondering how it affects drawing. What's your experience been drawing on Adderall?

>pic unrelated
>>
>thinking anything is gonna change at all

I've been on Adderall on and off for something like 15 years. No idea what your ability to focus is now but at most its most dramatic you're going to go from "studies are so uninteresting I literally cannot do them" to "This is a little boring but I can do this"
>>
>>2314990
That's all I need.
>>
>>2314986
its great i stayed up all night friday night tweaking out and grinded through a bunch of loomis, I'm a beginner so this was really fun and the adderall motivated the fuck out of me. But eventually it turned in to a non stop fap session and I would edge for an hour then fap a huge load after fapping for like an hour. I did this like 9 times and ended up literally fapping for 9 hours straight. I was freaking out because I felt like I couldn't stop. It was crazy but still cool. oh well yolo drugs are tight drugs are tight.
>>
File: Goblin.png (722 KB, 1024x1707) Image search: [Google]
Goblin.png
722 KB, 1024x1707
>>2314986

it's pretty alright.

I took a low dose early in the day the first time I tried it and pumped this guy out pretty quick. Incredible amount of focus. You'll probably end up hating it after a while if you're taking it on a daily basis though, all of my friends that have been prescribed adderall for ADD/ADHD say it sucks and turns them into zombies after a week or so.
>>
>>2315686
Fuckin kek
>>
>>2315717
Wow that's pretty nice drawing t.bh
>>
>>2314986
everythings fun until after 3 month all you do is fapping each time you take it.

honestly, keep your use as spaced as possible
>>
>>2315788
That's all I do now anyway. Does Adderall make fapping better?
>>
>>2314986
It's cool I jack off a lot thou.
>>
>tfw been drawing nonstop for the last three days

I'm tweeking out and I'm loving it.
>>
>>2315788
Biochemfag here.

Hypersexuality is a side effect of Adderall for you because you don't actually have ADHD. It's just operating as a stimulant.

>>2315717
Your friends don't have AD(H)D. The drug doesn't work that way in people who do.

For a concentration + wakefulness fix, neurotypical people should start with caffeine, l-theanine, and modafinil. Branch out into nootropics from there.

Not adderall. It's neurotoxic and not at all what you should be using to get yourself through a task or the day.
>>
>>2316992
question: i recently got a script for it and it actually seems to work really well, but when i come down off of it i'm hit with an insane amount of dread and anxiety
>>
>>2317002
"come down off" suggests you're using it as a study-drug, i.e. as a good old-fashioned stimulant. which I explicitly don't recommend.

regardless: L-theanine. you can buy it over the counter pretty much everywhere.

non-drowsy relaxation. synergistic with caffeine, which is why those two together are the default beginner nootropic stack. like, the loomis of smart drugs.
>>
>>2317009
How do you recommend you use it then? Isn't it's purpose specifically to help you concentrate?
>>
>>2317009
i have a prescription after about two years of my therapist trying to convince me to try medication for my ADHD. i don't use it as a study drug, studying things is really easy for me and why i've stayed away from ADHD meds for so long. actually sticking to one thing long enough to complete it (along with a list of really fun memory problems) without my mind anxiously trying to convince me that i HAVE to do something else at this moment, don't know what, just something else, that's what i take it for.

i only use "come down" because to me that's synonymous with "wears off". i was told a possible side effect was "lowered anxiety" and anxiety being one of the things i also suffer from, it does relieve that a bit, but when the medication wears off (about 4-6 hours after i take it) the anxiety seems to be making up for lost time.
>>
Let's see if tripcodes still work the way they used to or if I'm a retard.

>>2317013
Have bipolar (type I) myself.

* For me, adderall would very likely induce full-blown mania.

* For you, stand-in neurotypical anon, the effect is something more like hypomania.

By definition it'll feel good at the time, but that's not the kind of concentration you want, because it's not something your system regularly experiences.

So (a) the side effects and crash will be harsh, and (b) you'll get caught in tunnel vision mode / cognitive loops that can lead to compulsive behaviors and just spinning your wheels more generally, because you don't have a lifetime of training yourself to operate productively under an altered (manic) state.

Stuff like "I was supposed to draw/study/whatever but instead I just masturbated for 6 hours straight"

* For someone with a bonafide ADHD-brain, adderall functions much more like modafinil functions in a neurotypical person. Increased focus/alertness/cognitive performance, but without dramatic CNS stimulant effects.

That's really what you're after. You wanna decouple your smart drugs from your uppers as a general rule, so you can control them independently of each other.
>>
>>2317025
>i was told a possible side effect was "lowered anxiety"

That's dumb clinician-speak for any of these:
euphoria
elevated mood
reduced inhibitions

I say "dumb clinician" because

(a) anyone with major anxiety will recognize the difference between "anxiety" and those

(b) it's crazy-irresponsible to conflate those things given adderall's infamy for agitation and anxiety as side effects

Anyway, you're experiencing a very typical side effect. Try to get extended release next time to help with that, and/or smaller unit dosage so you can space your consumption out across the day.
>>
>>2317041
>(a) anyone with major anxiety will recognize the difference between "[lack of] anxiety" and those
>>
>>2317009
adding to this, L-theanine is in tea. Green tea has a great energizing yet calming effect. It helps me get working better than coffee or pop, because it doesn't make me jittery.
>>
>>2317047
Yus, tea is the patrician's beverage.

Coffee is a caffeine-delivery vessel, and a shitty one at that.

Your body, brain, and wallet will all thank you if you get yourself off of coffee and onto caffeine as a supplement.

You can buy it cheap in tablet form, stupid-cheap in powder form, or heinously cheap in liquid form (to put next to your 55 gallon drums of LSD, presumably).

Step 0 to nootropics is knowing exactly how much of a psychoactive compound you're putting in your body every time. How much you take of everything else follows from that. Coffee just don't give you that.

Also, you get coffee withdrawal headaches because you don't have a choline source in your daily routine.

choline bitartrate. buy it, take it. thank me later.
>>
>>2317053
My psychiatrist recommended this thing called Calm to me. Have you heard of it?
>>
>>2317041
>>2317045
yeah, the "lowered anxiety" is mostly a lack of hating being alive in the current way i am, yet still pensive about the future. tho i'm able to ignore that and just focus on drawing, which makes me feel good since i'm really good at drawing and that makes me feel okay.

i'll try cutting my pills in half and going from 2 doses a workday to 4 (or less when i don't need it, i only take it on the days i'm doing work i can't focus on otherwise, like inking)
>>
>>2317058
No idea. Can your shrink legally prescribe?*

From just the name it sounds like yet another bullshit multisupp, which itself is a completely redundant phrase outside of intermediate+ fitness.

*heuristically speaking, it's pretty safe to dismiss anything someone says about drugs out of hand if they don't have a degree with "chem" in it or can't prescribe drugs themselves.
>>
>>2317074
I just looked it up. Apparently it's just chamomile tea with some other stuff in it. Seems like the stuff you were talking about to help with focus.
>>
>>2317071
I feel you, senpai. Just be thankful you don't experience mixed states / rapid cycling, like little ole bipolar me.

That's where you get a clusterfuck of overlapping euphoria and dysphoria for hours, sometimes days straight. It's somehow worse (IMO) than either component individually taken to its extreme.

(if you can't see how mania could be bad, try being awake for 5 days straight *despite* drugs. shit gets inhuman.)

What's your dosage + height/weight/bodyfat %?

Adderall tolerance is very easy to build, so you're not doing yourself any favors if you're on too much of it. You can always cut your dose without getting your prescription reduced.

Unrelated but: will I get banned for talking art tablets here?

I just know that /g/ will know exactly fuck-all about Yiynova tablets and light leaks, but someone here might.
>>
>>2317078
Actually it's a magnesium supplement.
>>
>>2317428
Yeah I realized I was looking at the wrong thing. Thanks.
>>
OP, don't take pills, they'll fuck you up.
Just drink a lot of tea.
>>
>>2317058
you talkin about Natural Calm? Never tried it, but magnesium citrate is a good type to go for. For people who don't know, magnesium is a good supplement for anxiety, but don't get magnesium oxide (what you'll find in most grocery/box stores), it doesn't do shit. When I started having anxiety problems, I got magnesium glycinate supplements (another good type). I didn't want to have to chug a drink to get it, so the pills worked well for me.

I also drank a shit ton of herbal teas with chamomile. Sleepy Time was a godsend, but there's tons of good ones out there. Lemongrass is another good calming herbal to try (I usually have with green tea and spearmint, which gives a nice calming energy for when I need to do shit and I love the taste). I highly recommend it, it helped me get through it.

I say give Calm a try. Worst thing is it tastes like shit, does nothing for your anxiety, and you're out 30-odd bucks. Best case, it helps take the edge off and tastes delicious. My bet would be that it helps and tastes odd but palatable.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.