[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Digital art tutorials
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: prev.jpg (70 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
prev.jpg
70 KB, 800x532
aye

What are your favourite digital art tutorials?
Post any and all.

Personally I'm interested in Photoshop tutorials for illustrative, traditional-looking painting. Scratchy inks, some dry strokes, stuff like that.
But I'm open to more. Only thing I'm not really into is the corny sci fi aesthetic with super rendered paintings.

But you can post that shit too if you want

I'm totally willing to pay for tutorials as long as they're relatively inexpensive.

let's hear it please :-)
>>
>>2313312
>traditional-looking painting. Scratchy inks, some dry strokes, stuff like that.
why not just do it traditionally instead of doing an inferior mimicry
>>
>>2313312

start with ctr+paint before doing anything more complicated
>>
>>2313326
you can't ctrl+z reality
>>
>>2313340
So don't make mistakes.
>>
>>2313312
>your pic has the brushes I've been trying so desperately to make
>look it up and download
>the brush is literally those strokes.

Nice stamp brush. Goddamn waste of two minutes.
>>
>>2313350
haha, are they just scans then?
>>
>>2313326

It requires so little thought to answer that question for yourself. Guess you're too busy huffing your own farts to notice.
Don't pretend like digital doesn't have a legion of utilities that traditional lacks, starting with not having to acquire and maintain all the necessary supplies.
>>
>>2313328

This.

I found it like a year ago and didn't pay it much attention, but I recently went back and it really is a good resource. He's very succinct and it's easy to find episodes relevant to what you want to learn.

Has anyone tried his premium content? Is it worth it?
I saw one anon had it but I don't know if he ever uploaded it.
>>
>>2313363
A bottle of india ink and a couple brushes costs very little.

And you can do the textures or brushwork traditionally then scan it and bring it into a digital workflow. It will have nicer results than trying to imitate it with photoshop and will be much easier too.
>>
>>2313357
Yup.
>>
>>2313346
yeah, let me spend hours and hours of looking for the right materials and stuff that isent overpriced up the ass. let me spend a ton of money on supplies that i would have replace everyweek. The enviroment is fucking dirty and smelly. digital is the best and new medium. i hope traditional dies.
>>
>>2313552
>>2313552
>>
>>2313552
>>
have somebody drawings with blooms or flowers
>>
>>2313552
Brushes
>Replace every few years
India Ink
>5$ for a bottle that lasts 2weeks

Jesus fuck, don't ever invest in oil gear. I spend at least 100$/2weeks for my supplies. And the resolution my brush can achieve is infinite. That and it has depth and shit. Fuck digitalfags.
>>
>>2313631
>I spend at least 100$/2weeks for my supplies.
nuff said. digital 4 lyfe, gramps.
>>
>>2313636
tradfags can sell their original works though so in illustration make double what digitalbros do, and in fine arts can inflate their prices way above the ceiling of illustration
>>
>>2313312

how much DDR2 RAM do I need to use photoshop for comic book coloring? Back in 2010 I had 512mb using photoshop portable and when doing 11x17 600dpi pages they took a while to load and save.

should I just dfrop to 400dpi and get a 2GB DDR2 RAM computer, or do I need 4GB?

is 400dpi enough if I ocasionbally want high-res images (higher than comic-book print size)?

thanks!
>>
>>2313786
you can drop under 300 dpi, unless you want some huge print
you should also get at least 4gb ram, preferably 8
>>
>>2313636
I sold a piece for 700$ the other day, how's that patreon whoring going?

Your art fights 4chan.org for its existence, mine you can run your fingers along and feel the emotion bleed through. Your work is gaudy and didplays differently through every screen, skewed and stretched, interpolated and gross. My work reflects light as I view it, making it literally sparkle.

But my jazz does burn, but I live with my imperfect strokes and move on.

Sorry if I'm being a dick, wacom tablets and prints have no place in fine art.
>>
>>2314038
>not doing both
youre doing it all wroong
>>
>>2314038
and a mighty Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppp right back at you good sir
>>
>>2314038
i don't think most people in this thread wanna make "fine art" tho, we jus wanna make cool lookin shit

>>2313786
saving taking a while is usually the speed of your hard drive. i have a smallish SSD in my art computer and it makes everything move like relative lightning. photoshop opens in less than 3 seconds, everything saves almost instantly. i really suggest getting at least 4gb of ram tho
>>
>>2313340
i've actually found that you get a more natural feel to a piece if you opt to "correct" before ctrl-z, it leads to more varied textures and feel to the lines/strokes/what have you

>>2313312
i've been experimenting a lot with ms5's brush engine, and i feel like you could pull off something neat if you used the brushshape as a skeleton for a dry-ish brush stroke, and then used texture (which you can set density to pen pressure) to fill in more ink the harder you press down. if i come up with anything notable i'll post it here.
>>
Anybody have any good tutorials/tips for lineart?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.