[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna learn how to cartoon like this guy. Do I just read Loomis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 1280x879) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 1280x879
I wanna learn how to cartoon like this guy. Do I just read Loomis like the sticky or are these other things you'd recommend? Spoonfeed me plox.
>>
>>2312086
start learning anatomy to the point you break everything down into easy to manage shapes and then just stop
>>
>>2312097
Like figure drawing classes? Got any books?
>>
>>2312099
https://archive.org/stream/cu31924014504371
it doesn't really matter which book you use imo it's more about paying attention and memorizing how each part of the body looks and connects together once you have a good knowledge of anatomy you can distort it to achieve any style
>>
>>2312107
I'll take your word on it but I'm a little skeptical that once I know how the human body works and how to draw it I'll instantly be able to transfer that over to cartoons.
>>
>>2312229
You won't, that guy is an idiot who doesn't know shit. Most important thing to learn is perspective and form. Get the book "drawn to life" and learn about appealing shape design, which is the key to good stylization. Then you can study the basics of anatomy, but don't obsess over it. The more rigid you study each and every muscle and bone in the body, the more stiff and lifeless your stylized work will become.

The best cartoonists have a solid understanding of the human figure as a whole and understand the important landmarks of the body, but they don't ever need to go past surface anatomy.
>>
>>2312229
obviously it wouldn't be an instant thing it would take further practice and experimentation but the basis of anatomy is what you need to stylize effectively

>>2312491
you just called me an idiot and then repeated the advice I gave, are you alright?
>>
>>2312491
That's that book by the Disney animator right? I've had it in my Amazon checkout for months.
>>
>>2312086
bumpin 4 u
>>
>>2313184
bumpin 4 me
>>
>>2312086
lol its as simple as just studying how this guy draws stuff or you can do it the hard way and develop strong drawing fundamentals so you arent a fraud
>>
>>2314264
So just follow the sticky
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.