[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have experience with this? How hard would it be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 310x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 310x200
Does anyone have experience with this?

How hard would it be to rip the videos and save for personal use. If it's not too difficult I'd be willing to share their videos with you, my fellow d/ic/ks.
>>
Don't share them. Rip them using a screen recorder, but do not share them.

As for the site itself, it's OKAY, it needs work though.
>>
>>2311700
>Don't share them.
Why?
>>
>>2311731
They have a watermark for every user
they will find out and send you to prison.
>>
>>2311731
If you use proxy it should be fine
>>
>>2311731

Pay for it yourself NEET
>>
OP here, so if it's watermarked, can I at least download them for my own personal viewing later?

29 a month isn't bad, but I'm not sure it's worth it if I can't save them to my tablet for when I'm at work.(Security, nothing ever happens.)
>>
>>2311731
Double standarts.
>>
File: nma.jpg (68 KB, 586x254) Image search: [Google]
nma.jpg
68 KB, 586x254
Sorry, as much as I'd like to help out the poor and destitute I'm not going to upload this kind of material knowing that there are people who could pay but decide to steal instead. There's plenty of material by long dead artists for you lot to study from.
>>
>>2311835

So is it possible to save the videos from there or not?

If I can take them with me to work, I'm willing to give up the dosh.
>>
>>2311835
I bet you have tons of pirated stuff on your PC.
>>
>>2311835
>being a hypocrite
Then i'll just wait or never buy it m8
>>
>>2311839

By the holy bosom of Boxman someone answer.
>>
Fuck off and buy it yourselves. There is a reason no sensible person who has a sub will help you pakistan poo in the loo shitter

We. Don't. Want. To.Help. The.Competition.

Now fuck off.sage
>>
>>2311891
So edgy.
>>
>>2311842
>>2311899

I can taste the salt.

>>2311884
try a screen capture software.
>>
>>2311922

Ah, you have to do that? No option to download them?
>>
just subscribe to their shit for $29 and grab all the shit you need ƒam
>>
>>2312156

>>2311835 , here

You can download them with your browser by right-clicking.

"page info>media" I'll be signing up for another month soon because they added more based Rey Bustos videos for example.
>>
>>2312206
As an aside, >>2311891 is rude but he's right. Frankly it took me like 2 straight days to download these videos one-by-one and name them all and it would take far longer to upload them, it's simply not worth the trouble to rip NMA off further when I enjoy the service they provide. Signing up for a couple months here and there is the least I can do
>>
>>2312206

Can they find out if you do that??
>>
>>2312231
I highly...highly doubt it. We artists are not necessarily known as being the most tech-savvy people out there; that said the off-chance that there's some personally identifiable information in the video files' meta content somehow is just another reason that if you do download these videos you should keep them to yourself for the most part.
>>
I never had any troubl dl'ing the videoes when I had a membership. And what's this claptrap about watermarks ad ip-tracking? If they find out you're dowloading vids will hey terminate your account or something? Someone, please shed some light on this bullshit because I need to know if getting a new subscription would be wasting my time.

With the pattern of removing their free videos from youtube and ganking their 7 day free trail june last year, this would fit right in...
>>
>>2312285
Read the terms and conditions, and
>YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND ANY CONTENT THAT YOU DOWNLOAD IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT NEW MASTERS ACADEMY RECEIVED FROM THE SUBSCRIBER FOR A SUBSCRIPTION TO ACCESS THE OVL AND OCL, AND FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOADING OF ANY SUCH CONTENT, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES.

Seems like they expect you to get the stuff, but if anything happens, they aren't responsible.
>>
>>2312316
Btw, OVL and OCL are Online Video Library and Online 3d Content Library respectively.
>>
>>2312316

This reads like they put something nasty in there to fuck with people.
>>
>>2312370
Just made me burst out laughing.

>Yeah, and in the Steve Huston head drawing lecture, let's put in a 30 minute segment on analysing the head structure of a Jackson Pollock painting.

>For the Vilppu composition lesson, we'll do an analysis on the composition of Warhol eating a hamburger!
>>
Thanks for the responses, I do think I'll sign up for a month or two and download what I can for my own personal use.

I'd like to think that won't be an issue to them since I'll be keeping them to myself.
>>
Its all fucking bullshit and snake oil.
There is so much free learning material out there that nobody should pay for that garbage.
You just need discipline.
>>
>>2312405
Post your art.
>>
>>2312405

The real value from sites like NMA is the critique from the instructors. Definitely not snake oil.
>>
File: No.jpg (150 KB, 1043x685) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
150 KB, 1043x685
>>2312206

doesn't work for Chrome.
>>
>>2312411
Do you also need a babysitter to wipe your anus after you got done shitting?
Bunch of bullshit.

But if you have that much excess cash, do what you please. But it's still a monumental money waster, when you could spend just as much time being disciplined.
>>
File: Chrysippus.jpg (32 KB, 233x347) Image search: [Google]
Chrysippus.jpg
32 KB, 233x347
>>2312539
Well I guess it's hopeless then
>>
>>2312408
You first.
>>
File: the silence of pain.jpg (13 KB, 133x221) Image search: [Google]
the silence of pain.jpg
13 KB, 133x221
>>2312550

I just want to be able to watch these videos offline, man.
>>
>>2312549

What you may see as a money waste may not be for another man.
>>
File: smoke.gif (95 KB, 390x587) Image search: [Google]
smoke.gif
95 KB, 390x587
>>2312553
Download firefox then for fug's sake bruh goddamn
>>
File: dssda.jpg (132 KB, 1132x785) Image search: [Google]
dssda.jpg
132 KB, 1132x785
>>2312566

Sorry, not really that big of a tech guy. Where can I find the video? I look in media and all I see is a bunch of icons. No video file in sight.
>>
>>2312549

You're obviously lookin to do some rustlin, but I'll respond anyway.

For those of us who actually want to accelerate our learning hard work alone isn't enough. You can work hard but still be a shitty artist. To work hard and smart, you have to be smart about the thing you're working hard on (heh), and the fastest way to do that is to hire a teacher to tell you what's wrong with your work. Always has been, always will be until we get HD robot eye implants.

What you are really paying for is their trained eye. The videos are helpful if you don't like reading but you're right that all the info is out there already, unless it's some cutting edge technique.
>>
>>2312573

Right clicking -> Save As didn't work?
>>
>>2312602

I don't know if you people are just fucking with me but nah, it doesn't.
>>
>>2312604
Jeez dude, alright, click the "type" column and it should filter the content and make it easier for you to find the video file.
>>
>>2312604

Not fucking with you, genuinely trying to help since I plan on doing the same thing soon.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/
>>
>>2312605

I did that and there's no video file in sight, unless it's some sort of weird flash file.
>>
>>2312610

Sorry, just assumed I was just getting trolled on 4chan. Thanks for the help though.
>>
>>2312622

Did that add-on work?
>>
IDM.
D
M
>>
>>2312705

Yeah. Thanks man.
>>
I thought there was a free trial for this thing
>>
>>2314309
Not anymore. The jews at NMA took it away
>>
File: sheldon b .jpg (29 KB, 397x299) Image search: [Google]
sheldon b .jpg
29 KB, 397x299
>mfw it works
>>
>>2315613

PLEASE UPLOAD THOSE
>>
>>2311669

when you share you only cause fewer people to buy and if there´s a lot of people like you it won´t be beneficial for us because less and less sites will get out that teach art

it´s not even something that a grown adult can´t pay for

it´s cheap and nice
why destroy Vilppu? he deserves every penny he gets. and the other artists too you know?

the ones people should be stealing from are the cgma courses. but these are practically free.

It hurts to see this. if this site closes you will be guilty
>>
>>2315613
whered u get them?
>>
>>2316762
I agree with this 100%. The only reason I even download is because the vimeo player is shit, and I can watch these offline.
>>
>>2312705
Doesn't work for Schoolism.
>>
>>2316762
>the ones people should be stealing from are the cgma courses. but these are practically free.

Why? Pay for someone when the price seems "fair" to you but steal from someone whose price you don't like? No. Everyone should pay if they want something. If you just take it you're committing a crime, plain and simple. They can set the price of their product to one million dollars for all I care, it doesn't give you the right to steal it.

Steal all you want. I know I download lots of shit on the internet. Everyone does. But if you try to justify your actions as righteous then you're nothing but a huge fag.
>>
What kind of billing cycle do you guys go for on this?
Coming up to my second month and tossing up whether I should treat it as a 'buy a month here and there when I'm consciously committed to using it every day' thing, or if I should just go ahead and buy the full year even if I'll realistically only be actually using it a few hours a week in that state. Binge vs moderation.
>>
File: wat.png (499 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
499 KB, 449x642
>>2311835

Thanks for letting us all know.
>>
File: tumblr_nufdlqbPMw1tzkxdco1_1280.png (846 KB, 1200x673) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nufdlqbPMw1tzkxdco1_1280.png
846 KB, 1200x673
>>2317449

I pay $39 monthly for the 3D model software. It is BEAST reference and totally worth it. Probably the best 3D reference out there.

NMA please pay me for talking about you in a good manner.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.