[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a serious question. HOW DO NOSES and FACES WORK in volumes?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1408406070514.png (2 MB, 1480x900) Image search: [Google]
1408406070514.png
2 MB, 1480x900
I have a serious question.
HOW DO NOSES and FACES WORK in volumes?! Like the cheekflabs connected to the nose, etc.
Anyone got a handy explanation for that?
Ruan image for attention and related.
>>
>>2309459
whenever you don't understand something like that, just study it as many times as you need to until you get it
>>
File: Picture-2-300x196.png (44 KB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
Picture-2-300x196.png
44 KB, 300x196
>>2309459
>HOW DO NOSES and FACES WORK in volumes?

Like how all other things work in volume? When observed, light fall from certain angles and reflects based on the surface composition, creating sharp and soft transitions of reflections.

Not sure if that answered your question.
>>
>>2309516
>Not sure if that answered your question.
Not really.
I mean stuff like the cartilage look literally different from every possible angle.
>>
File: 31_female_ears.jpg (66 KB, 788x397) Image search: [Google]
31_female_ears.jpg
66 KB, 788x397
>>2309517
There isn't a standard shaped for things. Ears, noses, dicks, hands, lips, etc all usually look very different from person to person. It sounds like you are thinking in absolute about how you think a body part is suppose to look from an angle instead of understanding the shape in your drawing.
>>
>>2309525
But there is a standard shape I think. Different shapes are just variations of the standard shape with cranked up parameters.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWZZ3SFmDS8
>>
>>2309526
Which of the ears in that image is the standard?

But then you just got to observe your standard object from different angles. If it doesn't match up then you made a mistake by either observing different variations from the different angles or you need to be better at seeing shape.
>>
>>2309537

Obviously he means that the differences exist on a spectrum. All normal ears shares the same basic parts, the lobe, tragus and helix etc. There is variety but it is not random. The better you get at drawing the more you will see the same basic shapes occur in different animals with small variations.
>>
check out repin academy drawings, practice a lot. https://www.google.se/search?q=repin+academy&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjs-d_74MzJAhUBKSwKHamWCioQ_AUIBygB&biw=2133&bih=1142&dpr=0.9
>>
>>2309569
Why are slavs so based?
>>
Watch some rhinoplasty videos, they're pretty helpful.
>>
>>2309459
Scott Eaton's course covers a lot of stuff many teachers don't cover. Especially regarding facial fat (the cheeflabs you're talking about)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.