[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /ic/ ? I wonder if you guys like my work i did, a year ago,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Sup /ic/ ? I wonder if you guys like my work i did, a year ago, or so. Should i do more of them?
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
they're very pretty

have you ever tried woodblock printing? I think your design would be very suited to the technique. It might be fun.
>>
>>2308432
Thank you very much.
No, i didn't try that. I worked only with crayons and a stabilo fineliner
>>
>>2308432
Thank you
No, i didn't try it. But it's worth a try
I only used crayons and a fineliner
>>
File: FW-inks.jpg (39 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
FW-inks.jpg
39 KB, 450x450
>>2308435
or inks!

it's fun when you add water to the paper and drop small bits of ink on it and it makes swirly patterns.

also, ink might be more vivid than pen.
>>
>>2308436
Thanks for the tip ;)
>>
>>2308439
or you can try inktense from derwent - it's like a crayon but you can add water and it goes colorful like ink
>>
>>2308453
but do you get colorful ink splotches like when you drop ink from a pipet onto wet paper?
>>
>>2308487
you could but not as nice as ink ones. You can take a pencil, put water on brush, then go a couple of times on a pencil and then use it as a paint, but you want get as splashy effect as ink. You can use also those things for watering flowers, or a paint in a atomizer (like a spray but not as pressured)
>>
>>2308416

I like them. The majority of /ic probably hates them because they're pretty abstract. Try only working in black and then digitally coloring, will look MUCH better.
>>
Do more if you like doing it. Your linework is pretty ugly though. Thickness of your lines is completely random, and the colored surfaces have no interesting fades, lighting or shadows whatsoever. Your compositions are also very random.

If you're going to continue doing these weird abstract things, you should at least practice using a pencil or brush first. Fill a sketchbook with random lines and curves
>>
>>2311968
shit advice dont listen to his faggot, ur work is pretty standard stoner doodles right now, but they can lead to less shit art if u keep expanding ur influence and work on ur linework more, experiment with different compositions, because i feel ur work does lack this atm but keep it traditional, this kind of work does not suit digital only faggots with shit taste think so.
now go and improve lol
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.