[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brushes manadgment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: kyle.jpg (111 KB, 308x641) Image search: [Google]
kyle.jpg
111 KB, 308x641
I have a question to people who use Kyle T.Webster brushes and other stuff like that.

I use all kinds of texture brushes and its so hard to manage them and easy to get confuse what brush i used or using now because i choose them almost automatically.

The thing is - when i used brushes previously, they all had huge Stroke Thumbnail on that tiny brush choosing window.

While brushes that Kyle makes can be chosen ONLY from that far left corner part where they dont have stroke thumbnails and have only names.
Its so easy to loose the track of what exactly you using right now to paint one particular part of illustration when you using different kind of brushes for backgrounds and characters.

Is there any way to make it easier?
I found the only way - before you choose the brush - remember what it is and write its name into Notepad so you know what brushes are your favorite.
>>
File: pain.jpg (108 KB, 224x569) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
108 KB, 224x569
>>2307796
like now im using this pencil and liking it. but i forgot what it is and when i go back to brushes list it just shows default "first page" while im sure this brush is some "Pencil" at the very end of my list. but there are tons of pencil brushes im having here...
>>
File: dfqwdqw.jpg (57 KB, 309x527) Image search: [Google]
dfqwdqw.jpg
57 KB, 309x527
for example THIS what i was using before - the other brush list. and it was so easy with stroke thumbnails and default size for every brush so it was very easy to find them...
>>
>>2307796
Bump.
>>
File: 1421747137181.jpg (3 KB, 118x125) Image search: [Google]
1421747137181.jpg
3 KB, 118x125
>>2307796
Thats what you get for downloading a shitty brush set with no inate sorting

kyles done a damn fine job making a living selling brushes. Kinda envious that I didn't think about it lol
>>
File: uetyc.jpg (140 KB, 220x959) Image search: [Google]
uetyc.jpg
140 KB, 220x959
>not building your own brushes
>lel
>>
kyle posted a video on this to youtube
>>
>>2308277
>shitty brush set
stopped reading here
>>
>>2308295
>>not building your own brushes
>>lel
dude are you are retard? you showing me exact same messed up No Stroke Thumbnails list.
and why the fuck you think that i didnt made or build my orn brush sets?
>>
>>2308318
you did't build your own brushes, you know why i know? because you wouldnt be making a fucking thread about it. you would know your brushes if you built them.
>>
>>2308326
>you would know your brushes if you built them
But i know them you delusional manchild. The thing is i have so many OTHER brushes made by OTHER people that i also need in that list.
>>
>>2308607
why the fuck do you need so many texture brushes. pick a few you really like and stick to them. even if the list had those stroke thumbnails it would still be a pain to pick one because there are so many of them. at least for me.
>>
>>2308607
>The thing is i have so many OTHER brushes made by OTHER people that i also need in that list.
you clearly dont know how to construct brushes.
>>
>>2308635
>why the fuck do you need so many texture brushes
Gee i dunno man.
>>2308637
>you clearly dont know how to construct brushes.
that's the point of this thread. Say an advice or get the fuck off, nobody cares about your "lel i know what you dont! :D" logic.
>>
>>2308635
>even if the list had those stroke thumbnails it would still be a pain to pick one because there are so many of them. at least for me.
except its NOT like that.
see >>2307802
in this list i have a shit ton of brushes and using them sinse 2009 i think. Never had problems with that because each brush has unique stroke thumbnail and i know in what part of list they can be found so its easy.
>>
>>2308644
ok youre obviously mental, can mods delete this shitty thread? i think theres only like 2 posting here and of them is delusional.
>>
>>2308727
How is he delusional? I'm not even him, but I use thumbnails to tell what my brushes are. It's worked for me so why wouldn't it work for him?
>>
I'm still on round bush-air brush, I've downloaded some bursh packs, but only 2-3 of 200 I use.. and they're so lost in the middle I don't usually care to search for them.

This is what happens when nobody teaches you :'(
>>
>>2308737
Most people who have hundreds of brushes only use a few favourites, probably about 10 or so at most. Then the others are either not used at all or only on very rare and specific occasions.

I cut down recently from like 300+ to about 35 and I have been much happier. Actually I can cut out another 10 or 15 of these pretty easily too if I wanted to.
>>
File: 1438451451464.jpg (312 KB, 1096x1130) Image search: [Google]
1438451451464.jpg
312 KB, 1096x1130
>>2308743
>Most people who have hundreds of brushes only use a few favourites, probably about 10 or so at most.
then you probably one of those artists who draw only 1 style and one particular theme.

Its easy to say that this stroke is your favorite and you dont need anything else.
But then you going to draw a completely different illustration where you mix cartoony characters and painting semi realistic pixar-like backgrounds you will regret NOT knowing all other brushes because there probably 1 brush hiding here or there that can become really handy in this specific situation.

This why i need so many.
>>
>>2308784
Painting different styles is more about the way you choose to paint things than the brushes you use. You can use a round brush and paint super realistically, cartoony, even somewhat painterly, and any combination of the above. With a dozen carefully chosen brushes you can paint pretty much every style or texture or scenario or subject matter.
>>
>>2308823
>With a dozen carefully chosen brushes you can paint pretty much every style or texture or scenario or subject matter.
Aaaaand NOW we finally return to the question i asked when created this thread - HOW to manage your brushes? :D
>>
>>2308941
I dunno what those Kyle brushes are or the issue is really, but I set up mine with this system and like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iipUPpCFGYg
>>
File: sexytimedesi.jpg (59 KB, 224x447) Image search: [Google]
sexytimedesi.jpg
59 KB, 224x447
>>2308295
i made my brushset too!
>>
/ic/ confirmed for not knowing how Ps works

@OP -- Google Brush Preset vs. Tool Preset
>>
Hey OP, please upload those Kyle's brushes to share it with the common folk.
>>
>>2310265
This. You don't even need to Google it - just explore the drop down menu a little bit.

People's incompetency is truly astounding.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.