[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ic/, can you tell me where I went wrong with the leaves?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: dec-5th-2015.png (25 KB, 499x480) Image search: [Google]
dec-5th-2015.png
25 KB, 499x480
/ic/, can you tell me where I went wrong with the leaves?
>>
Everything in the picture is pixelated/blurry as hell... you definitely want to work bigger. Besides that, the shape of the thing is just sort of lumpy overall. Are you using a reference?
>>
>>2306388
no references. But I agree I need to work bigger.

One more thing, how do I train creativity? I can practice drawing till my hands hurt but how do I train to think of new and interesting things?
>>
its suppose to be sexual in some way, isnt it?
>>
>>2306399

I think the key word is 'interesting'. Find things you're interested in. What elements make you interested? How could those things be altered more to your taste? How would you improve them? Try to examine a wide variety of things, take what you like, leave what you don't, experiment. Nothing is entirely original, we just take old things we like and put into them our unique personality and ideas.
>>
>>2306399
>no references.
Then change that asap.
Use references until it looks right. No tracing obviously. But no shame in using references.
>>
>>2306459
got it.

>>2306433
no. It's just a fruit anon!

>>2306468
I always felt references were cheating but okay

So basically:
1) use references
2) draw bigger
3) take ideas that interest you and modify them to your liking even more
4) make it semi-sexual
>>
>>2306472
what fruit is it then?
>>
>>2306499
made it up. I wanted to practice drawing hairy stuff and lighting so I made a fruit that was hairy and smooth.

The leaves look like shit tho.
>>
>>2306527
>I made a fruit that looks sexual
>>
>>2306527
It looks like a mutated clitoris
>>
>>2306556
>>2306541
does nobody see the seed inside?
>>
>>2306558
you mean the texture inside that provides aditional stimulation?
>>
>>2306381
does this picture creep anyone else out? jesus i got goose bumps
>>
>>2306589
It just reminds me of a feline penis/vagina combo.
>>
>>2306472
>I always felt references were cheating but okay
What a retarded amateur mindset.
This is not a competition. You want to give Best results, right? If your drawing looks like dogshit because you refused to look at references because of "look mom, no Hands!" wankery you are not contributing Quality.
>>
File: 05405616451.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
05405616451.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>2306399
>how do I train creativity
By thinking about a solution yourself instead of asking for advice.
>>
>sexual fruit
>>
you need more depth so add some more dark greens to the parts of the leaves that are supposed to be really dark
>>
>>2306381
try to find a strawberry with a green leaf near it. It should be reflecting some of the red from the berry like object. That's the only thing that makes the leaves look unnatural.
>>
>>2306541
Then again, real fruits were meant to look sexual in some odd sub-conscious way.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.