[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i into digital drawing /ic/? Ive never worked with drawing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
How do i into digital drawing /ic/?
Ive never worked with drawing tablets and such, only pen and pencil. What do i need to know? What kind of tablet should i buy?
>>
>>2304089
Buy an intuos medium or whatever size you like.

To get used to it, do a bunch of mindless life drawing. Remove any extra distracting factors from the learning eqiluation.

Dont get fancy with the brushes either. Straight roundbrush or the real chalk brush.

Draw or sketch very basic scenes withe the most basic tools so that your brain can catch the differences between traditional and digital and adjust.

If you cant already draw from life easily, just get a sketchbook and do that first because you are just gonna fucking complicate you shittiness with lens flares and dodge/burn
>>
>>2304093
how do i life draw with tablet?
>>
>>2304096
Draw your pc.
>>
>>2304103
according to the context of OPs post, based on the fact that he posted a picture of some sort of "drawing tablet" we can assume ... that he intends to learn to draw with some sort of "drawing tablet"

therefore, your idea "draw your pc" is foolish, as technically, a more suitable medium for drawing such a thing would merely be by using a "line tool" with "perspective guides"...

hardly good practice for a "tablet drawer"... -_-
>>
>>2304420
Wow anon, you are a bitch.
>>
File: 1446239425557.jpg (91 KB, 1464x979) Image search: [Google]
1446239425557.jpg
91 KB, 1464x979
It depends on your budget and preferences

I'm sure you can work out what you want price wise

Decide whether you want something big that you'll leave on the table or something small you can hold in your hands
Bigger tablets allow you to do long sweeping strokes but smaller tablets are lighter and easier to hold

You can do lifedrawing with a tablet you'll just look a bit weird
Bring a laptop and a small tablet to the lifedrawing room what's the problem. You can do plein air landscapes the same way.

Don't get a cintiq right off the bat unless you're filthy rich because the buyers remorse will destroy you.

Understand and accept that it will be difficult to use a tablet and you will feel like you've wasted your money or you're not good at art or you're just not made to use a tablet. Just push through it all and you'll be on your way to making digital masterpieces.
>>
Digital drawing is more about using all the TOOLS available such as the transform tool, the warp tool, layers, etc, than actual drawing.

This is a fact.
>>
>>2304445
>obvious bait
try harder next time
>>
>>2304428
brushes?
>>
>>2304453
If you think its bait (its not), reply with why its "bait" or gtfo
>>
>>2304454
What about brushes? I'm not sure what you mean
>>
>>2304462
the brushes used in the pic you posted of course. Pretty interested.
>>
File: tumblr_ml037laFqi1qapfkto1_1280.jpg (258 KB, 809x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ml037laFqi1qapfkto1_1280.jpg
258 KB, 809x960
>>2304632
Oh lol I dunno man it looks like the chalk brush maybe. Not anything special
>>
>>2304632

The painting is done by Wangjie Lie. He has a brushpack avaible for download, google it
>>
>>2304751
keeeeeeek
>>
>>2304422

He's -_- friend, who has tried very hard to cement himself a reputation as a premium shitposter.
>>
I keep hearing cintiq and intuos, are they that good? Picked up the huion610pro and decided I wanted to get better. Should I save up for those hulking $1000+ tablets?
>>
>>2304751
I had a hearty kek. Nice job anon.
>>
I have a question as to how people's workstation looks like.

My desk broke and I've been looking for a new one but I have no idea how big it should be and have it be able to hold my monitor (possibly two monitors), tablet, keyboard, and maybe some more room for other stuff like drink, pencil cup, etc.
>>
You just need practice, tons of practice. The weirdest thing when you start is probably the lack of paper feedback
>>
>>2304428
>it will be difficult to use a tablet and you will feel like you've wasted your money or you're not good at art or you're just not made to use a tablet
Good god, that feel.
>>
>>2306243
It's ok just think of it as a trade-off: you get more accuracy with irl tools but digitally you have a lot of flexibility like infinite canvases and undo. There are different ways to compensate in both so it's just preference.

An example of this that some people use: draw sketches or thumbnails on paper then paint them digitally. You won't feel the disconnect as much.
>>
>>2306272
That's what I'd been thinking of doing, but I'm away from home for several months and I'm not about to buy a new scanner, so I'd better just get gud.
>>
Can you produce professional results in Photoshop using a Surface Pro? Or does is lack the necessary finesse of a Cintiq pen?

Likewise, has Procreate on iPad gotten good enough to do professional work or is it still lacking critical features?
>>
>>2306574
>Can you produce professional results in Photoshop using a Surface Pro?
Yes
>does is lack the necessary finesse of a Cintiq pen?
Yes
>has Procreate on iPad gotten good enough to do professional work
Yes
>is it still lacking critical features?
Yes
>>
File: 1352088228257.png (587 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1352088228257.png
587 KB, 1280x720
It's really hard for me to move from the paper to the tablet. I am so used to the papers friction that making good lines feels almost impossible.
>>
>>2306845
a lot of surface pens come with different tips. Like wacom comes with the default black nibs, but also some grey ones that have a different texture at the end.

I use one that offers a bit of resistance.
>>
>>2306694
thanks, I still don't know which one to buy
>>
>>2306854

Oh i did not know that!

Thanks!
>>
>>2304420
pretentious as fuck, you tool
>>
>>2306855
I would go with the one that has a proper desktop OS
>>
Can't find the question thread, so excuse me if this is the wrong thread to ask.
Anyways, anyone has previous experience with
the cintiq 12wx? is it shit? I'm looking too at the Ugee UG1910 since it looks like a good
alternative (both a used 12wx and the ugee cost 420 bucks) but some reviews seem fishy
and I don't know much about the maker.
Which would you recommend /ic/?
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>2307674

It's always buyer beware and you get what you pay for.
It really depends if you are willing to put up with the tradeoffs.
>inb4 the shills replying with Chinese knockoffs are perfect and better then Wacom offerings.
>>
>>2307674
The huion h610 pro is a nice cheap one. It's also a bestseller on amazon and has prime support so availability and shipping will be cheap etc. The intuos tablets are good too. It's a toss up. Research more.
>>
which tablet would be the best for around 300-500 euros?
>>
>>2306574
I used to do my professional work on the original Surface Pro with Clip Studio Paint. Nice machine, decent pen tracking, okay size and memory.

I wouldn't invest in an iPad Pro. It's nice for love drawongs/sketches, but more precise line drawing is frustrating. The software isn't quite there yet, and basic file management with iOS can be frustrating. If you're looking to do professional work, I recommend sticking to either Windows or Mac and staying away from mobile OSes
>>
>>2308361
I'm new to digital painting, would it be better to learn the basics using established software like photoshop, clip etc?
I've watched the free ctrl paint tutorials but I'm looking for more in-depth courses to learn colour theory. Suggestions?

Also, the new Surface Pro doesn't use Wacom, but they've supposedly improved N-Trig such that it's pretty close, with some benefits like less parallax, better edge accuracy etc
>>
>>2308304

~400 Euro
Ugee 19"
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NL4P3Y0?psc=1

~600 Euro
Ugee 21"
http://www.amazon.com/UG-2150-Monitor-Display-Pergear%C2%AE-Resolution/dp/B00RCMFN6A

I'm using the 21 inch right now, it's pretty fantastic.
>>
Guy with the same questions here.
Thinking of picking up a Wacom Bamboo CTL471, the price is attractive and from what I've read it's a good beginners' tablet.
>>
>>2308833
I'd also like to know if this is a good baby's first tablet
>>
>>2309085
Guy you're responding to here, I can tell you it does not have a built-in eraser on the stylus if that's important to you
>>
Is there a way to make it so that if I draw a 1-inch line on my monoprice tablet, it will be 1-inch long on my screen and not 1.5 inches?
>>
>>2309743
I just figured it out.

Basically you find out the dimensions of your tablet, the dpi of your monitor, and set the area with which your tablet can draw in to the size of your tablet multiplied by the dpi.
>>
In Australia, I could buy a refurbished 1st gen Cintiq Companion 512GB for $1799 (+$59 for keyboard)

For context, an i5/8GB/256GB Surface Pro 4 with keyboard is $2199
(An iPad Pro 128GB with keyboard is $1940)

Would the 1st gen refurb'd Cintiq be a worthwhile buy in this context? Or should I deal with the Surface Pro's slightly inferior pen in exchange for an overall better tablet?
>>
File: comparison.png (178 KB, 1066x750) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
178 KB, 1066x750
Just read the specs and do the maths dude
>>
>>2308833
>>2309085
The bamboo series as a whole are pretty good entry level tablets, but they don't have erasers on their pens and the cheaper intuos aren't that much more expensive. If you plan on sticking with it, just get an intuos, I think. I didn't wait all that long to move up, and I'm still figuring out digital media, but the intuos already feels noticeably better to draw with.
>>
>>2310781
You can get a Huion tablet cheaper than a Bamboo with 4x the pressure sensitivity, twice as much active area and a higher LPI - the only drawback is you need one AAA battery for the pen but they're cheap af.
>>
>bamboo
>Shamboo
The guide is simple
Are you willing to pay for Intuos Pro M (S can fuck itself)
If yes - do it
If not - Huion
While being not much worse than Intuos Pro Huion beats the shit outta everything else like bamboo, pen and pepper, touch, manga, bullshit and so on.
>>
>>2310786
>you need one AAA battery for the pen
you need to charge your pen once in a month.
They have built in battrey that actually holds about 800 hours
>>
intuos 4 m

5 is broke, pro is 5 again

ITT:children
>>
>>2304089
>intuos 4 m
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intuos-4-touch-tablet-graphics-tablet-no-pen-but-boxed-in-5-box-PTK-640-1552-J-/391301273454?hash=item5b1b5f976e:g:TG8AAOSwo6lWKQgq

cheap as
>>
>>2313933

>no pen

>buying the pen alone will cost $60

wacom are apple tier level of cancer
>>
>>2314006

Wacom isn't the seller you fuckwit.
>>
>>2310774
dont you need to charge pen?
>>
>>2314009

point is these pens are expensive retard
>>
>>2314018
>60
>expensive

kek
>>
Im enjoying my Yiynova, breddy good
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.