[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have friend that showed interest in drawing sine he saw me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1409859374559.jpg (11 KB, 406x422) Image search: [Google]
1409859374559.jpg
11 KB, 406x422
>have friend that showed interest in drawing sine he saw me drawing a lot
>shows me his sketchbook
>its full of graffitti and nothing but graffiti
>he asks me what do I think
>I respond with "Anyone can draw words"
>he goes silent
>hasn't drawn since
I can't help but feel like im responsible for this
>>
>anyone can draw words

I'm not fond of graffiti but this is still a retarded perspective. It's like looking at art and going "anyone can draw lines"
It's turning words into something visually appealing. Not everyone can draw good looking words. Graffiti / calligraphy has an element of design, regardless of whether that design is appealing to you.
>>
>>2303285
you are an asshole
>>
>>2303285
Complete dick move on your part. But at the end of the day it is him who decided to quit.
>>
>>2303285
>hasn't drawn since
This is what /ic/ does. This is what /ic/ stands for. Congratulations op, you're a d/ic/k.
>>
>>2303285
>Complete beginner shitting on someone who want to start drawing.
You're at the right place here.
>>
>>2303285
Everything guys above said. Maybe you should say sorry.
>>
>>2303285
>Killing the kitten before it became feral and fucks up other peoples property
D/ic/k move but it needed to be done, graffiti is degenerate.
>>
Apologise to him, you fuck.
>>
everyone can draw anything if they put the time to learn and practice it (properly), you're just an idiot and I bet you neither can draw
>>
>>2303293

only the strong survive in the face of criticism, if a few words gets you discouraged enough to never draw anymore you probably didn't had it coming to you sooner or later.
>>
File: 1436666176604.jpg (57 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1436666176604.jpg
57 KB, 245x200
>>2303285
>It's a OP's a jealousy beginner thread
>>
>>2303287
Fucking this. Just because it's not any kind of illustrative art, it doesn't mean it bad. I mean it's grafitti, so you're most likely right it was shit, but your argument is ridiculously flawed.
>>
>>2303438
That can apply to more experienced artists, not newbies.
>>
>>2303580
i survived through being called trash as a noob.
I was told quote:
<<you don't draw like anyone, you have a unique style and its uniquely awful >> and a lot of things of the such. Honestly, not being trashed by people helps, but i'm not weak minded at my core so it didnt matter.

On the other hand, some people are, but they can slowly accommodate to criticism.

There really isnt a right or wrong, because you can benifit from being called trash early, just as you can completely disbenifit.

I say, don't say sorry because he was gonna lower my properties value.
>>
That's pretty shitty of you. Sure give criticism but have some sense when giving it to real people in real life rather than in anonymous board. He probably saw your drawings and thought they were great and wanted to become good too and showed you his sketchbook probably hoping you would be little bit impressed because he was so new to drawing but instead you just shit on him.
Think of if you started completely new hobbie and you were excited about it and showed your skills to someone more experienced who actually got you excited about the hobby and he just said "anyone can do that".

Be a good friend and tell him that his sketchbook was pretty neat and you were just having a bad day and wanted to shit on someone else because of that.
>>
>>2303620
>I kept going so that means it okay!
no it doesn't. Plenty of people are searching for something they enjoy and praise plays a large portion in what makes them continue. If you know you want to do something then you come to terms with the fact you suck and will get better, if you're searching for something then being told to stop drawing will make you move on to the next thing rather than continue on.

Critiques are for people who are actively getting better, not for hobbyists or for people just getting into art.
>>
>>2303285
>friend
You're no friend.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.