[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/mrade here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 1445788257748.jpg (405 KB, 1230x540) Image search: [Google]
1445788257748.jpg
405 KB, 1230x540
Is this a good background, /ic/? I really want to know, because I don't think it's anything special if you look at the painting techniques and take away the bloom effects
>>
It's a great background. The painting techniques are solid and the effects they used are well executed.

This is assuming it needed to be pumped out fairly quickly.
>>
yes, it's good. you're paying too much attention to technique, which is sort of a rookie mistake tbqh. it's good because it's drawn well and composed well and has a consistent lighting and to some degree even tells a story. sure, it's deceptively simple and you could pick out any individual element and say "well I could do that," but it's the gestalt of it that makes it good.
>>
it's ok.
i don't really like the edges
>>
File: 1448999096604.png (302 KB, 319x342) Image search: [Google]
1448999096604.png
302 KB, 319x342
>>2302808
i fuckin' love it.
The use of focus in the center and blurring out the foreground and far background makes me immersed in this little cartoon forest like I'm peering into it. The colors compliment each other beautifully with orange-blue green-purple combinations. Nothing too special about the picture though, nothing I haven't already seen, and I'll admit there was obviously some use of bloom filters that without it the picture wouldn't pop nearly as much. Dunno where I'm going with this, just my uneducated thoughts.
>>
>>2302808

I quite like it, the shapes are fun and pleasing but the soft airbrushed parts really stand out like a sore thumb and feels incongruent. The way you did the trees in the middle ground looks great - the water downright awful/deviant art beginner tier. The foam should definitely be drawn in the same manner you drew the trees. You can have some soft airbrushing underneath it if you absolutely must.
>>
It's really nice to look at, yeah. I wouldn't call it a technical masterpiece or anything but it certainly looks like it did a great job at conveying the style it tried to, and did it consistently. I wouldn't really want anything more for a background than that.
>>
>>2302853
Not mine, it's from a cartoon called Gravity Falls
>>
>>2302808
I wouldn't be surprised to see this level of work in gravity falls and shit s'nice
>>
>>2302956
>>2303153
Holy fuck my eye is too real senpai I've never even see the show. Also kek at everyone accidentally admitting they like literally tumblr tier art.
>>
File: tumblr_nufvwcIQ9Q1tdj314o3_1280.png (563 KB, 1280x386) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nufvwcIQ9Q1tdj314o3_1280.png
563 KB, 1280x386
>>2303155
What, you don't like it anon? It's beautiful af.
>>
>>2303155
There's no problem with those paintings. To dislike them on grounds of being part of something you hate would be childish.
There's simply not much to critique on them. They serve their function. Saying anything else is delving into opinion territory.
>>
File: tumblr_m8iex2r9pu1qdbhwwo3_1280.jpg (286 KB, 1280x795) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8iex2r9pu1qdbhwwo3_1280.jpg
286 KB, 1280x795
>>2303195
>>2302808
i really dislike that each object feels entirely separate from the rest of the composition.
>>
>>2302808

i love this kind of work. even though i am all about the spacemarines and dragons usually.
yes it's beautiful.
>>
>>2302808
It feels really flat to me.
>>
File: 173.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1190) Image search: [Google]
173.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1190
>>2303235
fuck yea
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.