[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unmotivated Losers has open spots!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
File: UL Recruiting.jpg (201 KB, 850x1023) Image search: [Google]
UL Recruiting.jpg
201 KB, 850x1023
http://unmotivatedlosers.deviantart.com/

We are an /ic/ based art dA group running since 2013 dedicated to the improvement of each member's artistic abilities through peer support, critiques, and friendly competition.

Here's the link to How it works page: http://unmotivatedlosers.deviantart.com/journal/How-it-Works-v-3-400235229

Your current skill level doesn't matter.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
>>
not this shit again. i really hope noboy is concidering joining you faggots
>>
100% it's a hugbox.
>>
>>2301584
Love it will join one day.
>>
>>2301584

do i have to make a deviantart account because thats a huge dealbreaker for me
>>
>>2301657

Yes, the mechanics of the group is based on deviantart, that's how we track inactive members. Skype group is an addition to it and if you don't post on dA you get kicked from skype group as well.

But if you don't want people to see your works showing up in your gallery you can just submint them to "scraps".
>>
Every /ic/ skype group that I have ever joined has either turned into a hugbox or a white knight fest. Especially if it's more than 5 people.
>>
Do you guys post up specific exercises or challenges each week?
>>
>>2301706

We do that sometimes but not every week. There are quests though.
>>
>>2301707
What is a quest?
>>
>>2301709
You get XP for everything you submit.
Read "how it works" page: http://unmotivatedlosers.deviantart.com/journal/How-it-Works-v-3-400235229

Quests are challenges that are worth more XP.
http://unmotivatedlosers.deviantart.com/journal/Quests-509713334
>>
>>2301711
Looks fun and competitive

I'll join in a few weeks when I'm not super busy
>>
>>2301584
people left?

so in stead of being unmotivated they became just plain losers
>>
>>2301729

People join, get kicked, and re-join every week.
>>
File: 1429463039114.jpg (133 KB, 506x543) Image search: [Google]
1429463039114.jpg
133 KB, 506x543
>>2301729
I'm the biggest loser of all.
>>
>>2301711
There should be a level beyond Diamond when someone reaches max experience called "Motivated Winner"
>>
>>2301849
You're never a winner here
>>
This is cute, I'll look into it.
>>
>>2301584
What counts as a sketch for submission? If I do an hour of drawing tons of boxes for drawabox.com, does that count?
>>
>>2301584
>doesn't accept work you've spent less than an hour on

Well okay then, see you never.
>>
>>2302257
lol that's about the worst loser talk I've ever heard
>>
>>2301595

It is.
>>
>>2301584
I like my anonimity too much man
>>
>>2302351
>open to all levels
>demand people spend 1 hour on shitty beginner drawings instead of getting the mileage they desperately need

Good luck with your shitty RPG system, folks. I hope you don't poison too many impressionable d/ic/ks with your circlejerking.
>>
Forge left, Ven left, Mia left, Photo left...
It's too sad to join back now..
>>
>>2301584
More like a leddit based circlejerk
>>
>>2302370
Are you saying spending one hour on something is too much?
>>
>>2302370
What? How on earth is demanding a minimum amount of activity of your members preventing them from getting mileage? That's how you get mileage, by drawing stuff. Are you an idiot?
>>
>>2301595
>>2301681
>>2302370
Why won't you make your own group, without all this "hugboxing", beginners or RPG system?

Or is complaining all you can do?

>>2301584
Application send ;^)
>>
UL really helped me with my motivation. I'm just a hobbyist without grand aspirations, but thanks to UL I've been drawing every single week for more than one and a half years now, even during very busy weeks where motivating myself wouldn't really have been possible.
>>
>>2302210

Yes, it counts.
>>
>>2301584
>rankings
>levels

This isn't a video game.

Study masters and compare your work to them. Amateurs criticising amateurs don't get anywhere.
>>
File: game.jpg (84 KB, 529x480) Image search: [Google]
game.jpg
84 KB, 529x480
>>2302654
>>
>>2302654
>he doesn't gamify every aspect of his life
lmao, its like you want to stay as a basic lvl 1 bitch forever
>>
People who keep shouting circlejerk have never been in the group.

The Russian overlord keeps everyone in fucking line especially noobs from /ic/ with delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>2302511
>Why won't you make your own group, without all this "hugboxing", beginners or RPG system?

Becouse i think is retareded idea, and there is a reason why beginners shoudl't sing the own shit or use nicks. It will be just to personal and circlejerk isn't solution.
Maybe maling group wold me a solution and compromise? I don't know i am kinda of autsitc and i realy like maling groups and g pg
>>
>>2302797
>gamify

faggot detected.
>>
>>2302537
>>2302865

samefag
>>
>>2302797
He doesn't know what DLC he's missing out on
>>
>>2302370
>one hour a week of drawing is too much

You are exactly the type of person that a group like this wouldn't want. The group is focused on actually gitting gud, and you are obviously... not.
>>
>>2302654
Amateurs with different eyes, one might have a better eye for anatomy and one might have a better eye for color. So they can help eachother.
>>
>>2302370

Beginners as much as anyone would benefit from spending an hour on something. Of all the people who should sit the fuck down, think about what they're doing, plan it out and execute it with deliberate thought, beginners should.
Nobody wants to see some day 1 artist's "speedpaintings".
>>
>>2301584
Do you guys mess with Surrealist?
>>
>>2303805
what?
>>
>>2301584
I can't help but look at the shitty lips on that pic
>>
>>2303828

kek

It was made by a pro.
>>
>>2303828
It's Felicia Day.
>>
>>2303828
Its been warped in photoshop. You can clearly see the selection in the thumbnail
>>
>>2303828
dude that's loomis, learn to draw
>>
Okay I'll bite.
>>
>>2304111
I was going to say, the face and hairstyle look familiar from a Loomis book I'd read but the lips don't. It looks creepy, like the faces in a Jack Hamm book.
>>
>>2301595
how is it a hugbox? peoole just make shit and ask for crits if they need it, and relatively objective feedback comes in.

>>2302370
>what are still lifes

>>2302654
art is lonely and its helpful having a social network instead of sitting alone spamming studies

Also good luck finding a magical group where pros give free feedback toward beginners all day
>>
>>2303828
>not recognizing loomis
>>
>>2304345
>its helpful having a social network
In what way?
>>
>>2304486
It can be motivating
>>
Group is full, everyone who applies will be added to the waiting list.
>>
>>2304486
Do you not get how networking is useful?
>>
>>2304819
Is the skype group active with only 35 members? I'm not looking for constant 24/7 activity, but if it's not a ghost town then I'll apply.
>>
>>2305013

It's less than 35ppl in skype, and it's too active sometimes.
>>
>>2304819
What a joke
>>
>>2305034
Be real dog, how many of you are meme spouting weeabos?
>>
>>2305106
90-95%
>>
>>2301584

Box is the only good artist you guys have and he is mediocre.
>>
>>2305106
Most of us are not very 4channy and don't say everything in greentext and memespout. There are a good amount of anime drawers but that's not the majority.
>>
>>2305160
Jon pls go
>>
>>2305284
>>2305160
pls, he'd probably be very disappointed in someone that posted his name here
>>
Semi related, what ever happened to the /ic/ IRC channel? Skype a shit but having artists to talk to whenever does really help keep you in the zone.
>>
>>2305441

I would be interested in something like this. drawplanet has a shitty interface for chatting
>>
>>2305441
The /ic/ IRC channel was very active and successful for a year or so, but it eventually fell into the pitfall of many small art communities where people become tightly knit with eachother and hesitant to let new people in. So eventually it just stagnates and becomes inactive. .
It also leads to getting vocal slackers. You get people who draw a couple of times a month and then laze around to discuss other 4chan shit, who stop drawing and would rather just be friends with artists to feel like they're still a part of drawing.

In comparison to UL, the UL system mostly prevents stuff like this since it ironically enough keeps losers out and motivated people in.
The IRC channel had to actively try to motivate people, provide challenges and get people into posting stuff to be critiqued, whereas in UL that is the norm.
>>
>>2305590
>the UL system

You actually need a fucking system to draw? Why not just draw by yourself instead of chit-chatting with other faggots who would distract you from ever accomplishing anything?
>>
>>2305602
why do you care either way?
>>
>>2305602
It's drawing whatever you want and submitting it at the end of the week, what's so hard about that?
>>
>>2305602
It's fun to have people to draw with and chat about art with that aren't complete faggots. If you've never sat around and drew with friends and talked about what everyone was drawing (and whatever everyone wants to talk about), it's actually very fun. You know what it's like to have friends anon?
>>
>>2305630
>what's so hard about that?

Nothing that's the whole point there's no need for a group to pat you in the ass after you've done something, you need self discipline and to be self reliant.
>>
>>2305650
>for a group to pat you in the ass after you've done something
"this is the bare minimum to not be dead weight to just stay and shit up skype chat with non-art" =/= asspats

The only point of that is to
1) get critique on the things you submit
2) Make sure you're not just in the skype group to shitpost and you actually DO art, since the entire point of the group is productivity and gitting gud.

Dunno what you're not understanding about this
>>
>>2305650
I don't think you've read the group description, it just sounds like you're upset at the idea of people drawing together, getting critique, and making friends.
>>
>>2301681

unfortunately this
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.