[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /ic/ think about graffiti?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Graffiti_Kom_Ombo.jpg (752 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Graffiti_Kom_Ombo.jpg
752 KB, 2048x1536
what does /ic/ think about graffiti?
>>
It's the lowest form of art made by degenerates and children.
>>
>>2301545
I contend that it is a high form of art, as it is true expression with the sole intent of "making a mark" and it receives no tangible accolades.
I agree that it is made by mostly degenerates and children though.
>>
>>2301551
well graffiti is a post-modern art that deconstructs the concept of ownership. it's making the statement that ownership is so absurd all someone has to do is scribble their name on it, and that's all it takes to "own" it.

graffiti is prevalent in poor areas with a lot of crime, areas lower on the pyramid that see more of the dark side of wealth and ownership, so it's pretty easy to see why it's fallen into the wrong hands.
>>
I did a lot of graffiti when I was younger, 13 to around 18. Probably some of the most fun times I've had.

I concur that it is kind of low end art when you are exclusively dropping "tags" and "throw ups" of poor quality.
I wish I stuck to the books before I started getting out there. Because then I started painting trains and things.
And you can't say that graffiti produced on a train with creativity and thorough care poured into it, isn't an appealing work of art and expression.
>>
Usually looks like trash. Usually carried out by poor trash. So, pretty much the same thing as tattoos. At least people into tattoos keep their trash on themselves though.

I don't like people that spit on sidewalks either. Same deal, keep your trash to yourselves, people. And fat people. They take up too much space. And people who walk too slow, or go to the grocery store without a list and a plan of attack, and wander around like fucking morons. People with dogs too. Shitting all over the place and jumping up on people and sniffing crotches.

Why can't everyone just stay home?
>>
Not all is art. Utilizing whatever is being grafittied within the art or making a statement with it is cool. Writing West side for lyfe isn't art
>>
I dont know any active writer who say he making art. Its not about art at all, and its not for you and anybody out the game. So fuck off with this thread
>>
>>2301542
>someone scribbles their name in spraypaint or marker or whatever
>tags, disgusting throwups

urban trash

>illustration put on a wall
>interesting shit scrawled in a bathroom that actually makes you think

technically art
>>
File: 1445913430207.png (782 KB, 490x1015) Image search: [Google]
1445913430207.png
782 KB, 490x1015
>>2301545
>I pretend to know shits about what is art and what isn't
Yea get back to drawing nudes model with your hb pencil faggot
>>
>>2301950
Git outta the computer, grandpa
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.