[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HI there, I literally am the only person who can not improve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: ech.jpg (139 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
ech.jpg
139 KB, 720x720
HI there, I literally am the only person who can not improve from art. I've tried for years and I can't improve. I'm the rare person who can't ever get better at art no matter how much I practice.

Is there hope for me? I've tried and tried, but to no avail has anything worked.
>>
You're not either not practicing right, or not practicing hard enough. Don't mindlessly copy, try to apply lessons to personal work, read the sticky.
>>
>>2299236
If you keep doing the same mistakes over and over again you'll keep doing the same mistakes over and over again.
>>
>>2299237
I've done plenty of tutorials, read plenty of art, looked at loomis.

Nothing works.

>>2299238
And, how come I can't learn from these mistakes. I've tried and tried and i'm constantly told that I never improve and that art isn't for me. What am I supposed to do with this?
>>
File: Professor-Shikashi.png (28 KB, 171x287) Image search: [Google]
Professor-Shikashi.png
28 KB, 171x287
let me give you an example then.

Original reference.
>>
File: ka.jpg (71 KB, 900x1500) Image search: [Google]
ka.jpg
71 KB, 900x1500
>>2299242
>>
>>2299239
you're doing it wrong. show art, and we'll tell you why it isnt working and what you need to do to solve it. i have trouble believing you went through the tutorial and practiced from every book thoroughly.
>>
>>2299245
eh...

There mostly pony art...

I'm from the /mlp draw thread...
>>
>>2299243
the problem is that you're drawing what you think you see rather than what is actually in front of you. Go read Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain and do the exercises.
>>
>>2299247
also this is an 18+ board.
>>
>>2299249
I laughed, because I literally have the book right next to me. And I've read some of the pages.
>>
>>2299250
what does that supposed to mean?
>>
>>2299243

Did you do that with a mouse in MSpaint?

If so you're not trying very fucking hard. I highly doubt you've been seriously practicing these last few years and instead try and doodle something like that from an already really bad reference every few weeks.

Get a pencil and paper, don't "look at" Loomis fucking read it. Do the exercises. Draw from observation, draw from life, not some prehistoric videogame model. Be critical of what you're doing wrong and focus on it.
>>
>>2299252
you stupid or something?
>>
>>2299253
I guess its because I have a terrible ability to measure proportions. I've always tried to make good proportions in my drawings, but they always fall flat. Whats a good way to rectify this?
>>
>>2299256
READ FUCKING LOOMIS OH MY GOD
FIGURE DRAWING FOR ALL I TS WORTH

he explains everything about it to a base level, including the fact that proportions are basic measurement so even if you have no drawing ability you can still measure out and draft a correct human figure oh my god fuck you op
>>
>>2299256

By measuring.

Some people hold their pencil at arms length and use that to measure. Some people use rulers. When eyeballing it, it helps to compare things by what's around them. For example going >>2299242 is 3 heads tall and using that to make sure of his height. There are tons of these shorthands for proportion in terms of heads, or say "there's about the width of an eye between the eyes" or techniques of dividing the head up.
Plenty of these strategies and tips are described in Loomis and various tutorials. Plenty starts to come intuitively with practice.

And when I say practice I don't mean this >>2299243 where you drew it with your mouse and used the fill tool and shit. Get a pen or pencil and actually observe things.

Unless you want to draw something that looks like a low poli model, don't use a low poli model as a reference. Eventually you'll be able to use that as a reference to turn it into something better, but that requires foundational knowledge of how people look which has to be learned from study.
>>
You should just try to stop caring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3wutyMBnGk
>>
>>2299251

>I've read some of the pages
>I've looked at Loomis

Don't start these self pity threads about how hard you try when you're obviously not. READ it and APPLY it.
>>
>>2299236

OP there is no such thing. You must be doing something very very wrong. Drawing and painting to a respectable decent level is NOT difficult. It reqiures a minimum of intelligence and a lot of time/practice. But every and any moron can learn it.
>>
Do this course op, www.drawabox.com .

Lesson 1 and 2 should be enough for an improvement spike, read glenn vilpu's drawing manual after, its in the book thread iirc.

Just keep it up, anyone can improve aslong as hes willing to work hard, daily.
>>
>>2299267
He is doing something very wrong
>>
>>2299243
Fuck off Zimbabwe
>>
>>2299243
Try to draw a lot of stuff from your imagination first
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.