[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you been thinking about stopping the whole thing? Like,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: grey mice.jpg (109 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
grey mice.jpg
109 KB, 640x426
Have you been thinking about stopping the whole thing? Like, we will die, all of us. Why should we go for that suffering and go through all that hard ass shit. If you really want to enjoy life, just draw mediocre but enjoyable art. There is no reason to force that pain upon yourself, as I said, you will die eventually, what's the point of improving your skills?
>>
File: IMG_20151121_114759.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151121_114759.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Expressing the suffering in the pointlessness maybe even giving the tools needed to rise above the suffering of the mundane.

Art isn't about getting good, is that why you play games?
>>
>>2298453
because other artists are thinking the same thing
>>
>>2298453
Whats the point of learning anything then? Pretty dumb thread.
>>
>>2298453
Because some of us create for fun, we enjoy expressing ourselves no matter how shitty the result may be. If art is a "pain" to you, you need to force yourself to do it and the only reason you're doing it is to get praised and get rich then it's not for you. Stop it
>>
>>2298453
>hurff durff everything is pointless look at how awake I am
If you wanna quit because it's too hard then don't try to justify it with some existential horse shit, just fucking quit
>>
>>2298465
Well, whats the point?
>>
>>2298453

dying doesn't change my goals at all. but life kinda does.

i've done some alternative entrepeurial shit alongside art in the last months and immediatly started seeing that effort bear fruits.

commercial art is becoming increasingly unattractive as a long term life goal type of thing. i might still draw and paint but will probably move on to creating and marketing other stuff that can definitely make much much more money.
>>
File: camus.jpg (160 KB, 1321x900) Image search: [Google]
camus.jpg
160 KB, 1321x900
>>2298453
There is also no point in doing what you suggest. There is no point in doing anything at all. The only real meaning is a constructed one.

Life is like a blank canvas you can shit on it if you want or exhaust the limits of what is possible and paint the very best piece you can come up with.
>>
>>2298486
There is none

Let's jump off a bridge and masturbate on the way down to how smart we are cause we figured it all out while the rest of the world is filed with sheeple
>>
>>2298495
I dont think that, but yes, life is meaningless
>>
>>2298498
Bullshit you don't, existentialits are the most pretentious kind of assholes. You're gonna continue to persist and be a complete leech to those that love you and society as a whole because despite you realizing the "futility" that living is you don't have the balls to actually kill yourself and practice what you yourself preach. Instead of that, you're gonna keep wallowing in your own self pity and perceived intellectual superiority until you realized you just wasted a bunch of time that could have been spent actually making something of yourself rather than wanking it to Nietzsche.

I was 16 once too, you'll grow up one day soon but whether or not you throw away your time until then is up to you.
>>
File: Snapchat-1538834031814075222.jpg (109 KB, 682x1136) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1538834031814075222.jpg
109 KB, 682x1136
>>2298453
I hate people like you.

You will, die. We all do. Get the fuck over it.

Make some art, leave your mark as only a man can.
>>
Is this /r9k/ or /ic/? Fucking hell.
>>
>>2298453

The post can be said for literally anything. Even taking a shit.
>>
>>2298654
>stopping mid shit
>>
>>2298656
it happens
>>
>>2298453
Men strive from suffering. We need to be productive and pursue something with goals in order to become fullfulled and happy. Doing nothing will make you depressed eventually.

We create our own meanings in life.
>>
>>2298486
learning, improving and getting good at something is in and of itself fulfilling to a lot of people. You can almost say it's part of human nature and part of what keeps us mentally healthy and sharp. Giving up on any form of self-improvement is a sign of mental illness and depression.
>>
>>2298926
But there is no guarantee that you will suceed, yet you suffer and sacrifice many things.
>>
>>2298931
It is about the journey, anon-san. Not the goal.
>>
>>2298939
Not the guy that you are responding, but I hope so.
>>
>>2298526
If someone whines like this and doesn't actually kill themselves within their lifetime they are complete and utter fools who make a mockery of any thinking.
>>
Some people find satisfaction in the pursuit of difficult goals.

Personally for me, art isn't really the pursuit I'm willing to go all out on, so I generally just do stuff I have fun drawing. I still try and do studies I don't like now and then as an investment into my enjoyment down the line.
>>
The pain feels good after a while.
>>
>>2298931
I think your problem might just be that art is not the right thing for you. Artists usually don't suffer when they draw. Not that it's all fun and games all the time, but overall, the enjoyment you get from drawing should always outweight the struggle you go through from studying and trying to git gud. If that's not the case then you will probably never make it anyway. Passion is the most important thing any artist needs to have.
>>
>>2299001
This anon [spoiler]should kill himself[/spoiler]
>>
Oh please, if you really loved art OP you would find that the rest of life is suffering (taxes, day jobs) and art is the only thing worth it, why wouldn't you want to get better at your craft, so you can get good enough to land the kind of art jobs you want and actually make a good living, or bring stories and settings into the world at the maximum quality? Skill = artistic freedom. Life is too short to waste on non art jobs/pursuits.
>>
>>2298453
what a faggy beta-ass thread this is good lord.

"Wah things are harrdd"
be a lazy useless fat pile of shit your whole life then, just don't pretend like youre being deep or insightful.

/thread
>>
>>2299134
>threading your own post

Maybe you are the cancer
>>
>>2298453
I'm on a mission to be the best I can be. If I'm not the best I can be, I have failed. Be it whereever I am, I want to achieve my strongest mental state possible. I may die, but my motivation wont. Along the journey, I will inspire the souless, the beaten, and the abandoned that there's more to life than you give it. Much more
>>
>>2299141
maybe youre a cunt
>>
>>2298453
Because being a useless lump of flesh is more painful to me than suffering to get good at stuff.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.