[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyper-realistic Art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 453832_orig.jpg (129 KB, 548x800) Image search: [Google]
453832_orig.jpg
129 KB, 548x800
I've been trying Hyper-realistic art for 3 months and this is one of my best works so far. I would love some feedback to make my future works better. Also, someone in school wanted to pay me to do these works and I'm wondering if anyone has experience and can tell me how much these are worth.
>>
>>2296638
I wouldn't consider that hyper realist. That being said, it is actually quite good if you genuinely are the artist and not a troll.
>>
>>2296638
how long did you take to draw this piece OP? A few weeks? A month?
>>
So what exactly are the differences between "photorealism" and "hyperrealism"?

is photorealism just copies of photographs that aren't exact enough to be called hyperrealism? are all photorealists secretly trying to be hyperrealists?
>>
>>2296644
I am, this is the one of the first ones I've done and I'm trying to get better at it.
>>
>>2296650
15-20 hours, this piece is only 22 by 14 inches
>>
Looks good. Maybe just work on the transition, the collar's kinda distracting
>>
>>2296654
>take a photo
>slap a grayscale filter to it
>turn it upside down
>get a mirror on a stick
>move head up and down
>???
>profit
>>
File: FB_IMG_1425076967913.jpg (34 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1425076967913.jpg
34 KB, 720x720
I drew this a while back (I'm not op, just need a realism thread) and I know it's not that great at all but I would like some critique

I know the left eye is fucked
>>
File: 1440601853034.jpg (464 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1440601853034.jpg
464 KB, 600x600
>>2297277
>realism
>>
>>2297277
always always always push contrast, its much more appealing when that is done and always reads more clearly even within shadows.
You need to understand that in most lighting there is a terminator and even in dark shadows that part will be subtly darker than than surrounding parts and will usually form a sort of outline around the shadow (not exactly but to get you thinking of it). On the opposite end of the spectrum you missed defining the highlights on the forehead and the nose, the contrast between it and the mid tone isn't dynamic enough and highlights (when placed properly) add much more understanding to an image.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.