[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I go to grad school?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: gradschool.jpg (7 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
gradschool.jpg
7 KB, 256x192
I can either go to grad school or move to an art city and try to start getting into exhibitions. Grad school is extremely expensive in the US and school in general is getting a little boring to be honest. Right now I'm a junior in my undergrad 20 yrs old. Portfolio is here http://lurkersupreme1.deviantart.com/
>>
>>2296269
You were stupid enough to (probably go into crippling debt in order to) go to art school, and now you're thinking about spending even more money on a degree that will not even help you get a job at wal-mart?

Yes, absolutely, you should go to grad school. May as well go full retard.
>>
>>2296277

Nah I'm on a full ride academic scholarship, I make money going to school
>>
>>2296277
But yeah I'm guessing I won't go, school is for boring people I think.
>>
>>2296269
OP, you do you, but I have to say that anytime I see someone younger than me doing something better than me it fires me up so bad. Thanks for the motivation.
>>
>>2296284
Must be a pretty shit school
>>
>>2296306
Nice blog post man, good job contributing literally nothing but your own self gratification.
>>
bump, anyone else have an opinion on this?

>>2297883
nice shit post
>>
>>2297883
you seem jelly of OP. it'll be ok little buddy.
>>
>>2296269
what do you plan on doing with the degree? if you want to teach, absolutely get your MFA. if not, then consider cost vs. benefit. if you can get another full ride do it just for skill building, but full rides are less likely in grad school. you might can get a teaching stipend and scholarships for an in-state college though.
>>
I think you should take a hack at the gallery scene for a while. Regardless of whether or not that venture is successful getting the chance to do something different will make you reevaluate grad school with a fresher, more informed perspective. Even thin I'd only consider grad school if you can get a stipend for it, its very expensive. Maybe consider grad school abroad?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.