[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What /ic/ thinks of Robert Liberace? He is great at painting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
What /ic/ thinks of Robert Liberace?

He is great at painting and drawing, and very good at sculpture.

I think he might end up becoming one of the greats of our age.
>>
>>2296166
>I think he might end up becoming one of the greats of
he's just another in a long line of human-photocopiers
>>
>>2296166

>I think he might end up becoming one of the greats of our age.

naw man, he just does boring figures he doesn't have anything to say. At the end of the day technicality is just a tool for communication, it's not the actual thing to achieve.
>>
>>2296166
One of the best draftsmen around. His painting is rather uninspired and weak imo, just muddy mushy messes. His sculpture is okay but nothing special.

I don't see why he would be considered one of the greats though. Nothing he's doing is outstanding enough to make him go down in history, and he brings nothing new to the table. Plus his real strength lies in his initial studies and his drawings. He has no finished work of any real value.
>>
>>2296173
>>2296177
>>2296179

Yes, I kind of agree with this, but he is still alive: he might end up finally discovering a greater truth, a greater sense of humanity, and be able to communicate the inner lives of his figures. I hope he keeps getting better and eventually reaches something of a Rembrandt like profundity.
>>
>>2296210
Maybe you should look at someone like Odd Nerdrum instead then. I think Nerdrum is doing stronger things than Liberace, though I still wouldn't consider him to be up there with Rembrandt or the other greats.
>>
>>2296173
>liberace
>photocopier

Beginners talking out of their ass again
>>
>>2296229
0/10. Are you trying?
>>
>>2296210

kek no man he's shallow as hell that will never happen
>>
>>2296223
Seconded
>>
>>2296238
He's right though
>>
>>2296173
your an idiot. he only uses live models
>>
>>2296527
.1/10
>>
File: 1447160114183.jpg (5 KB, 158x152) Image search: [Google]
1447160114183.jpg
5 KB, 158x152
>>2296527
>>
/pol/ here no racism please. How do I sculpt like the masters?
>>
>>2296166
To become great you need to actually make something that is tasteful every once in a while.
>>
Most of his works are just studies and portraits. I think Liberace as well as most of the famous "figurative" artists today, including the Russian school, have the fault that their art are meant to appeal to artists, especially learning artists.
>>
>>2296565

Grab some slaves and use them as live model.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.