[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, would you recommend this before, or after keys, and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
So, would you recommend this before, or after keys, and why?
>>
I would not recommend it at all
>>
>>2295181
>>
>>2295181
>>2295184

Why, though?
>>
>>2295186
looks shitty based on the draw-by-numbers example on the cover.
>>
>>2295188

Uh, ok?

Does anyone who actually read the book have anything to add?
>>
>>2295188

Agree with this anon, that book looks like would teach you nothing but symbol drawing. Keys is all you need to get started.
>>
>>2295223

What about Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain?

It seems opinions are divided between starting with Keys and Right Side.
>>
>>2295223
What's Keys?
>>
>>2295228

Doesn't matter what book you use. You just need them for the exercises.
>>
>>2295230

Keys to Drawing.
>>
>>2295235
with Imagination?
>>
>>2295237

No, just Keys to Drawing, by Bert Dodson.
>>
just read the goddamn sticky op
>>
>>2295171
Before. You Can Draw in 30 Days is a great book if, like me, you have so little knowledge that other books go over your head. If you already understand basic things about form, perspective, and lighting, then it probably has little to nothing to offer you.
>>
>those hand drawings at the end

fuck man
>>
Picked it up yesterday. I suppose it will do the job for a complete beginner such as I before I continue with Keys.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.